time to rebuild/upgrade the suspension (front and rear)

Lpfm1990

well, as the title says, time to go thru the suspensions, so while its winter here, now is the time to figure out what is the best route to go, bike is a 15 with 18500 miles on her now, and i like to go on longer rides (350-500 miles in a day when i can) and during that im hitting many twisty roads, so far my complaints, ITS TO FREAKIN SOFT! rear shock is set to 7, and im 250lbs, so ive destroyed my fair share of plates from bottoming out and ripping the plate right off the bike, the front end dives badly with any touch of the brakes (feels like 2-3" of dive), and just can be very wishy-washy feeling in the corners.

so heres what im wondering

since im a bigger guy, im guessing bigger/heavier springs for the front forks? and what weight oil?

and for the rear? is the rear shock rebuildable? or do i need to get a different shock? and what spring should i get for my weight?

i wont be doing the suspension work myself, i know a person locally who does it, and would take it to him with the parts and let him do it in the early spring

Rumpig

well, as the title says, time to go thru the suspensions, so while its winter here, now is the time to figure out what is the best route to go, bike is a 15 with 18500 miles on her now, and i like to go on longer rides (350-500 miles in a day when i can) and during that im hitting many twisty roads, so far my complaints, ITS TO FREAKIN SOFT! rear shock is set to 7, and im 250lbs, so ive destroyed my fair share of plates from bottoming out and ripping the plate right off the bike, the front end dives badly with any touch of the brakes (feels like 2-3" of dive), and just can be very wishy-washy feeling in the corners.

so heres what im wondering

since im a bigger guy, im guessing bigger/heavier springs for the front forks? and what weight oil?

and for the rear? is the rear shock rebuildable? or do i need to get a different shock? and what spring should i get for my weight?

i wont be doing the suspension work myself, i know a person locally who does it, and would take it to him with the parts and let him do it in the early spring
Put Racetech gold valves and 20w oil in the forks and i think Hyper Pro make upgraded rear springs for the standard rear shock, their aftermarket rear shock isn't cheap.

Lpfm1990

Do you have a part number for the spring? Hyperpro’s website is all jacked up, and for the front. Stock springs or racetech springs also? And the gold valving is the cartridge emulator right?

Rumpig

Do you have a part number for the spring? Hyperpro’s website is all jacked up, and for the front. Stock springs or racetech springs also? And the gold valving is the cartridge emulator right?
Yeah gold valves are cartridge emulators, just installing them stops the front diving so upgrading springs isn't really necessary, up to you. Hyperpro's website is shit, it's probably easier to email them as i don't know a part number.