Time is relative...

Szajko

Hey everyone!

For those of you who know me back when I got my FZ6R in May, I was on this site almost daily. For those of you who don't know me, I loved riding my bike and anytime I got the excuse to hop on and go for a ride, I was out the door! In just 3 months, I put over 6k miles on it and that's quite a bit for living in a city. I will try to keep this next part from being long winded, but I haven't been able to take the time to post for a while.

On August 16th around 1:30pm, I had just left UNC Charlotte's campus to ride back to my house to grab a few things. I was in the left side of the left lane if it was divided up into 3 lanes. As I was approaching a busy intersection, I started to come up upon a left turn lane where the line tends to be pretty long. As I was riding beside it, a lady decided she didn't want to wait anymore and without signaling or looking, pulled directly out into my lane. What took less than a second from the point when I saw her until impact felt like 5-7 seconds of working time.

Once I saw her pulling out, I immediately started to try to shift lanes while I compressed both brakes and downshifted. The closer I came to her, I wondered if maybe she would see me last second and try to go into the other lane so I judged her wheels while this was all occurring to notice any sudden changes in the direction. At the last moment right before I knew I was going to hit her, I decided to turn the bike sideways towards my right side and my head was the first point of impact. I went headfirst into her bumper then boxed out and rolled across the lanes over a sidewalk landing just a foot away from a telephone pole. I laid there for about 10-15 seconds trying to catch my breath from my chest slamming the gas tank. I finally removed my helmet and stood up at the time thinking I actually came out of that wreck unscathed!

I couldn't say the same about the bike however... The bike was on fire due to the throttle being stuck upon impact blowing the engine. I did suffer a rip in my leg from the brake fluid box going across my leg and that required 11 stitches. I do regret to inform everyone that I will no longer be riding (unless I get on a track). I had my fun, but with my dad passing away in a car accident when I was younger and now this... my mom can't take it anymore.

I know around Christmas time everyone is also a bit tighter for money than usual, but with all of the bills and the legal battle I am about to face, I have been struggling. I am listing whatever gear I have used at a reasonable price and it would help immensely if I could sell it all in a timely manner! Also whoever knows of where I can sell my bike for scraps for the best price, please let me know!

Here is a list of what I am selling:

Black Cortech Tourmaster 16L Sport Tail Bag - $70

Yamaha FZ6R Clear Windscreen - $25

SIDI Vertigo Corsa Air Boots Size 13 - $200

UClear HBC 100 Boomless Headset - $100

Rear Seat Cowl (Black) - $175

Any help would be great! I don't have enough money to make the shipping free to each individual.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

wow man, I am sorry to read that you got in such an accident. It's nice to know that you are doing well though and that you didn't end up with too much personal damage to your body. You certainly did well in what you could have done in this situation!