Tight turns, No lean

sammy56

So I finally get a chance to ride the Tail of the Dragon and I am stuck behind a Newb on a Sportster....not much lean here!!
I rode it the night before in the rain too. Not that I would have dragged a knee or anything since I do ride quite conservatively, but this was ridiculous. I did also get to ride the Cherohala Parkway (twice) and some of Moonshiner 28, what a blast they were. Even route 68 back to Georgia was good fun.
Needless to say, Labor weekend was a good time. Caught the Leon Russell show at the Maryville, TN Harley Dealer...he may be old, but the man can play some serious blues on the keyboard.
Anyway, until the next time.....

Attachments

Sage

I really want to go back with my motorcycle or even my mini, it was a blast just goin through it in a pickup :p

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sammy56

In TN, although I have not riden it, Natchez Tace near Nashville is suppose to be quite good. Just north of the Dragon is the "Devil's Triangle", also suppose to be quite fun. Moonshiner 28 is about 75 miles long and quite good. Cherohala Pkwy is about 40 miles long. In NC & Georgia there is Blueridge Pkwy and in Georgia alone, Suches Trail is a tremendous ride...Georgia's Dragon - The Suches Loop: Georgia Motorcycle Rides
GA State Route 60 is essentially Suches Trail (about 42 miles long) and is great fun.
Suches is my local road, thus one of my favorites. That being said, between Route 68, Moonshiner 28 and the Cherohala, all in TN...likely some of the best mountain roads in the south.