Throttle Restriction

Wise

Hey All,

Bought a new FZ6R just over a month ago when they were released over here in Australia.

Because they don't allow us to just jump straight on a bike without experience, we have to go through a few years of power to weight restrictions on the bikes we can ride (in most states).

The FZ6R released over here has the bigger brother being the XJ6. FZ6Rs are sold with a restriction on the throttle to keep them under the limit for the power to weight ratio of 180kw per tonne.

I have had a look at how its restricted, and basically, at the end of the throttle cable where it goes around a pulley, there is a little knob but that hits another little knob bit that stops you from turning the throttle all the way.

Do you guys have this sort of restriction on your bikes? And if so, how have you gotten around it. I would prefer not to take an angle grinder to anything so I can always have the original set up if needed.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hello and welcome to the club. The FZ6R realised in Canada and the USA has no restriction at all. The European 2009/2010 XJ6 is the same bike as the FZ6R but without a full fairing. Infact the new XJ6 in Europe is avaliable as the XJ6 N(naked)/XJ6 Diversion(1/2 faring)/XJ6 Diversion "F"(full faring). This subject has been talked about in other threads. Please try to do a search,to find all the posts/comments on this subject.

Yeah I did a little searching, but being new to the site its not something Im used to doing.

I didnt know whether you guys may have had a part over there I could just whack in, or whether the xj6 assembly would just go straight in, which I imagine it would being the same bike, but you never know.

Thanks guys

Hello and welcome to the club. The FZ6R realised in Canada and the USA has no restriction at all. The European 2009/2010 XJ6 is the same bike as the FZ6R but without a full fairing. Infact the new XJ6 in Europe is avaliable as the XJ6 N(naked)/XJ6 Diversion(1/2 faring)/XJ6 Diversion "F"(full faring). This subject has been talked about in other threads. Please try to do a search,to find all the posts/comments on this subject.

YA, LETS SEE MR DEALER CAN I BUY THAT 1000 STREET RACER AND GO :confused: SHUR GOT ANY EXPERIENCE NO . THATS OK :eek:

This "nub" is on the throttle cable itself? If so then replace the cable with one from an american supplier and replace the the throttle cable. If I understand it correctly just replace the cable with one from somewhere that has no restrictor.

my nickels worth. Inflation ya know.

No hadnt seen that one yet.

stuna: not sure what the dealers are like over there, but 99% of the ones ive come across whether theyre car or bike dealers just want their commission :p

The nub bit is part of a clip thats clamped on the cable, either the pulley section can be replaced or the cable I would think/hope

Dave

Goto this link for the derestriced part

resart.com.au/fz6r-xj6f-derestricted-.html

I have ordered mine hoping to get it this week can't wait

Goto this link for the derestriced part

resart.com.au/fz6r-xj6f-derestricted-.html

I have ordered mine hoping to get it this week can't wait

I read the description on that link....I can't beleive that the throttle restriction restricts it down to only 40% of the available power!!?!! :disapprove: That does suck. No wonder you guys are looking to mode it. A freaking Vespa would blow you away!! :D

let us know how it goes

Thanks for that link guys : ) I've just ordered the part. Does any one know if the trottle is the only restriction? And has the bike be tuned differently, computer ect? And will dealers report any illegal mods (this is illegal in Australia) ps the bike will go from 36 hp to 78hp

Hi, I got my part from resart a couple of months ago and it allows the bike to do its max.

The throttle is the only restriction.

You go from slowly building up to 130kph max and then being able to hit that in
3rd or 4th....its a huge difference...be safe now!!!

I kept the old part so i can put it back on when i go to sell.

Hi, I got my part from resart a couple of months ago and it allows the bike to do its max.

The throttle is the only restriction.

You go from slowly building up to 130kph max and then being able to hit that in
3rd or 4th....its a huge difference...be safe now!!!

I kept the old part so i can put it back on when i go to sell.

Thanks for that, great news! I definitely will keep the old part, but I can see myself being very satisfied with this bike for a very long time (it handles great). It would be nice if yamaha did the right thing and organised to certify the de- de- restriction process.

good point :Ds Has anyone had a problem with the dealer at service time? or anyone heard if they are supposed report illegal mods?? I'm thinking of sounding a few dealers out before putting it in for service.

good point :Ds Has anyone had a problem with the dealer at service time? or anyone heard if they are supposed report illegal mods?? I'm thinking of sounding a few dealers out before putting it in for service.

I have had no problems with service with all the mods I have done but if something goes wrong with the bike and you try and claim warranty make sure you put the restricter back in because any mods like that can affect your warranty so the dealer told me...

wise, i was thinking you could probably order the Fz6r restricter bracket and have it sitting there if you want to sell the bike, I'd imagine It'd be around the same price as the de restrict bracket. :cool:

I'm not sure if you can buy the restricter part I'm guessing yamaha might have it but how easy it is to get is another storey... They need to get some more after market gear for this bike in aus I can't find anything for it yet in aust so I had to look over to the us to get a exhaust should get it this week can't wait

Back