Throttle restriction removal

W0rp3D

So I modified the restricted throttle plate by cutting off the part that stops the throttle being opened anymore. I will post before and after pictures if anybody needs them. Quick question... Is it possible to have too much throttle? For instance, If my throttle is already 100% open and I pull the throttle back more, will it start to close again?
If you cut it in the right spot this wont happen, that is one of the benefits of using a proper plate.

I did this last weekend, power starts after 6500!

pandyman

Can we just buy the plate from the unrestricted Naked version from Yamaha and keep the restricted one for later (selling/po po) ?

Has anybody priced one from them?

VRIIClubby

Can we just buy the plate from the unrestricted Naked version from Yamaha and keep the restricted one for later (selling/po po) ?

I have read elsewhere that you can only order the "whole" part, its $800+ and comes with a throttle body or the like ;)

Not hard to make your own though

dcBear78

There is a link earlier in the thread for a company that makes the plate so you can keep the original. About $100 which is much much cheaper than an original item.

pandyman

well they give them away for free in the UK when you buy a bike with the resticted licence (A2)
Free Restrictor Kits - Yamaha Motor UK
So i was hoping they would sell them cheap here also
Part Number - KIT05RJ19K35

I know a guy called AlyTek welding who made several plates, much cheaper than online. Fits perfect and works like a dream! I can pm his number if you.are interested :)

Last edited:

Pretty sure ResArt the company that makes the plates as referenced earlier here are $180. I got mine for well under $100 :)