Throttle body sync in fuel injection engines.

AL72

Hi fellas, this is a dumb questión I guess...

How different are the fuel injection system of a car and a motorcycle? In my car (Inline four too) I only need to change the fuel filter, and clean injectors as scheduled maintenance.
The FZ6R is my first four cylinder bike, and I thought I would be free of the procedure to synchronize anything, but now I read that the FZ6R needs Throttle bodies sync and idle speed adjustment.
Why is this?

Thanks in advance!

AL72

The car has one throttle body. The bike has 4.
Thanks for the answer! And there is some advantage using four thottle bodies instead of one (simpler)?

Thanks for your patience, I like to learn something new every day.

Regards!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

adamo3957

Thanks for the answer! And there is some advantage using four thottle bodies instead of one (simpler)?

Thanks for your patience, I like to learn something new every day.

Regards!
Why is there four?

Simple, performance benefits. Your average 4 cylinder car motor produces 80-90hp/l, motorcycle engines can produce up to 200hp/l.

In order for a motor to produce so much more horsepower they often are optimised to spin at much higher revs, cars are low revving for better fuel economy.

The other reason, is cost, independent throttle bodies hold many benefits, the only downside is cost, and in cars this costs is deemed excessive.

AL72

thanks for your inputs, are very interesting.

Regards!