Thinking Of Selling My Baby

JoJoJodyJo

I'm not sure why, but my son's GSXR seems to fit me so much better, so I'm thinking of selling my bike. For some reason, I just can't seem to get comfortable on my FZ6R. When I ride the GSXR, I feel like I'm a part of the bike and I can't seem to get that same feeling on my FZ6R.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Attachments

JoJoJodyJo

Here's another pic of it. My phone wouldn't let me upload them both at the same time.

Attachments

danieljardim

I'm not sure why, but my son's GSXR seems to fit me so much better, so I'm thinking of selling my bike. For some reason, I just can't seem to get comfortable on my FZ6R. When I ride the GSXR, I feel like I'm a part of the bike and I can't seem to get that same feeling on my FZ6R.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?
Being a big guy the little foward position will crunch my b...ls on the tank. I switched to a more standard position bike. it's way better now.

BradSPE

You could try lowering it and putting clip-ons on it. May give you that more aggressive ergonomic feel you are looking for. I assume you are shorter than most males so that may make it feel more tailored to you if you are average female height. Cost to do that about 300 dollars. Much cheaper than a new bike if you are happy with the power and look of the bike.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JoJoJodyJo

I actually have the opposite problem. I'm 5'8" and have really long legs. My main problem is that I have to scoot all the way to the back of the seat to grip the tank properly with my knees. Otherwise my knees hit where the frame and the bottom plastics line up. I'm a lot more comfortable on the bikes with wider tanks.

BradSPE

You can try raising the seat. Should place your knees higher up on the tank. I am 6'3" had to play with some of the adjustments to make it work. That being said, sounds like you may have already made up your mind to get a new bike ;)

JoJoJodyJo

You can try raising the seat. Should place your knees higher up on the tank. I am 6'3" had to play with some of the adjustments to make it work. That being said, sounds like you may have already made up your mind to get a new bike ;)
Hmmmm... I think you may be right...

BKP

Gotta do what you gotta do...

I have a philosophy about these things... I don't want to turn around at 80 years of age, one day, and say to myself: "I shoulda when I coulda..."

Go for it...

JoJoJodyJo

Gotta do what you gotta do...

I have a philosophy about these things... I don't want to turn around at 80 years of age, one day, and say to myself: "I shoulda when I coulda..."

Go for it...
You and I are kindred spirits because that's how I've live my life. Without going into a whole lot of detail, every step I've taken for the past 23 years is a gift because I had a very large tumor inside my spinal cord. My best case scenario was to be paralyzed from the waist down when I woke up from surgery. Instead I woke up kicking my feet and I haven't stopped going hell bent for leather ever since. :)

ajones70

I too am 5'8".... I took out the seat height link altogether. I had it on the low setting but tried without the link altogether and waaay better for me. I thought my knees would be too high but they arent. My legs arent short by any means but feels much better especially when sat at lights or stop sign.
We all have different riding position preferences. If the other bike is more comfy then I would go for it. You have to do whats best for you :)

Vulpine

I say go for it too. I traded my FZR for a Harley. I always wanted one since I was a kid and it's been awesome, however lately I've been missing the nimbleness and agility of the FZ6R. I was looking at the Gixxers before opting for the Harley and sometimes wish I would've gone with the GSXR first. I could've always settled into a Harley in my old age. If that's the Siren that's calling you - ride the wave to it. Good Luck