Thinking of buying a new 2010 YZ450F today

CtrlAltDl

I found a local shop that has the 2010 YZ450F. OTD price should be about $5k after cash back and I can get it financed at 3.99%.

This is one bad mofo, with backwards motor and fuel injection and 52 horseys.

The problem is I'm turning 40 next month, and I'm debating if some one of age should be on a dirt bike like that. I refuse to grow up, but I don't heal like I used to, and I should probably slow down at some point, shouldn't I?!?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Service writer at the moto shop told me the 450 thumpers are more of a handful than liter SS's, so yeah be careful. I also would love to have a dirt machine, the WR250R is on the top of my list (streetable).

CtrlAltDl

Service writer at the moto shop told me the 450 thumpers are more of a handful than liter SS's, so yeah be careful.
I've been ridin' a 50+ horsepower (race gas) 250cc 2-stroke for while, so I was thinking the 450 4-stroke would be a little easier to manage since the power is a little more predictable. As in monster power all the time :D, instead of just in the top-end like the 2-stoke.

I also would love to have a dirt machine, the WR250R is on the top of my list (streetable).
I thought about going that route too, but I'd just end up busting up all the lights.

Plus I've never been a big fan of dual-sports. They are not quite good enough off the road and not quite good enough on the road. :(

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Mitch21

Yz250 2 stroke down here and love the bike, but know what your saying with the power of a 450. I say go for it, "don't stop riding when u get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Murph!

I'm 70 and been doing this stuff since I was 13. Broke some bones and bikes along the way and don't have any plans to stop. OK, OK, I have slowed down. From a Suzuki 750 in '09 to a Harley Superglide in 2011 to a (09) FZ6R three weeks (and 3K miles) ago. Plus off road machines, flat track bikes, and misc other motorized junk laying around the garage. I'm way less competitive today than in my 40s that's for sure. But I remember (vaguely) my 40s as being competitive, dirty, and fun. Keep it in perspective and drive to your physical limits and keep on till the body won't let you.

I honestly suspect that when I get too old for driving privileges that I will be out on a Mo-Ped. Started on one might as well finish on one.

Last edited:

CtrlAltDl

Attachments

CtrlAltDl

I have to say my YZ-250 2-stroke has a bit more horsepower on top, but the linear torque of this 450 is incredible!

If I run it through the gears at WOT I have to sit my fat ass (210lbs) on top of the fuel tank, but the front tire is off the ground through EVERY gear.
:wav::wav: