The Whitsundays.

bro_paul

Just wondering if there is anyone on here from the Nth Qld region? Townsville - Mackay? New to the area and looking for someone to go for a ride with.
Cheers Paul.

Rumpig

Not many Aussies active on here, i'm in Darwin, Bert's in Perth and there's one or two in Melbourne I think. If your on buttfacebook there's probably a locals page for your area.

bro_paul

Hey Rumpig, seems like there is not much activity on here full stop. No bookface... just moved up here and stoopid qld rules mean i can't ride by myself while on my L's. Just need to do my Q ride. Thanks for the reply though.

Bert-Aus

Sorry gents I'm in Radelaide,
Bro_paul try ASB (aussie street bikes) forum, there's a few from Townsville way on there

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

bro_paul

What's a Q ride? Im down in Tassie

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Hey Gardy, Q Ride is a full day ride/course that once completed gives you your P1 licence. You are still restricted to a lams bike for 1 yr but not any of the other learner rules. Then after a year you do the QRide again and you get your open licence.

Gardy

Hey Gardy, Q Ride is a full day ride/course that once completed gives you your P1 licence. You are still restricted to a lams bike for 1 yr but not any of the other learner rules. Then after a year you do the QRide again and you get your open licence.
Ah I see we have a similar thing down here

Gardy

We have a minimum of 6 months on your L's if you are over 25. Then a mandatory 12 months on your P 1 after that do what you want except have alcohol

Rumpig

It's pretty good but also kinda silly. You could do the ride the same day you get your L's and then 1 year later be on an R1.
I got my learners, did 6 lessons with a school on a 250, passed and went straight to an open licence and bought a Kwaka GPZ900R for my first bike. Good thing they don't do that anymore.