The Timing Advance Mod: Valve Adjustment?

Gentlemen,

I'll be turning 50,000 miles on my 2009 FZ6R soon. Engine-wise, I've got an R6 header, Yoshi can, Power Commander PCFC running Marthy's Sport map. I run NGK Iridium IX plugs and 93 octane, always.

I've never had to do anything to this bike other than normal maintenance stuff.

I've never had a valve adjustment done. On startup, there's about 2 seconds of moderate clatter, but she idles fine with no stumbling, and when up to temp purrs like a kitten. She has not once ever "died," under any circumstance.

I'm looking at performing the timing mod and dropping a tooth on the front sprocket to revitalize my riding experience.

Honest question: Should I have a valve adjustment done before doing anything more? I feel dumb for asking this question, because the answer seems obvious. I still want your thoughts and opinions, though.

More serious question: What are y'alls experiences regarding price? Am I looking at $500+ for a valve adjustment?

Thanks in advance for your time, fellas.

HCU

Thanks for the bump, Texan. The universal silence pretty much answers my main question.

I'll avoid the timing advance mod until I can pony up the cash for a valve adjustment... just need to figure out the best place here in Waco to get that done.

Now, as for dropping a tooth in the front, oh yeah... that's happening ;-)

TexanFZ6R

I think the silence is more-so a slow forum thing lol.

Let me know when you're ready to do it, and we'll get it done!

Enjoy the 15t sprocket though. I think that'll be the most noticeable increase in acceleration of the mods.