The red (hot??) seat

frelay

Among the stuff I bought during the way too long winter time, there was this red seat (the other stuff will be posted later :D). It looks a bit to bright to me. I would've preferred a darker shade of red to kind of match the few other red parts-stickets-buttons on the bike.

Should I go black again? By the way, the seat cowl is also new! :)

Thanks!

Attachments

CrazyCawi

I like it, but I can see your point about the other red. I like it so much id remove the other red and keep the seat myself :)

bigguybbr

I don't think i like it with the seat cowl. Sticks out like it came from a different bike. Just my 2 cents.

CrazyCawi

how about you keep the seat and sell me the cowl :)

CDN6R

Here's an idea,,, recover the seat in a red that matches and keep the cowl? However,,opinions are like a$$h***s,,every body has one.

iSpoolin

I don't like it. Sticks out way to bad to me.

Sparkxx1

I've been thinking about the same but I knew it was going to be too light. Even with a darker shade of red it might be too much red on one spot...I think you should put the black seat back on and maybe put some reflective red rim tape and one of those red carbon fiber tank protectors yamaha sells.

ajskillz13

Love it... just replace the stickers with a lighter red like the white 2010 has. I don't think the shock is that far off from the color. I think a little flare is nice. All black is boring IMO.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

frelay

Thank you for all your comments. I knew I was not the only one who had this super idea so, I thought I would share the real deal. Well, the black seat is not for sale :D nor the seat cowl :p

Are those PLX racks you have there? If they are can we see some pics with the sidecases installed? I'm getting ready to spend some money on V35s and would like to see them on a black 6R.

Oh, and defenently recover the seat with a darker red and maybe add a gel pad under the cover. I don't know about you but my seat hurts my buttocks.
Good eye! PLX racks. I don't bother with tackin' them off, even if that would be a 2 minute operation. Here's a couple of pictures of the entire set.

Attachments

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

frelay

Thanks for the pics. I knew I made a good choice. Can't wait to get them.
Great choice IMHO! :D Just keep in mind that with this set, you can forget about the "fender eliminator" trend. You can always turn the fake Givi reflectors into turn signals (there's an actual pricey kit for that) but then, you will need to keep the bags permanently on the bike. Considering the price of the bags, I would not keep them on the bike all the time...

I don't particularly like that big scoop on the back of the bike but, with the bags on, it sort of disapears... :thumbup:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

frelay

Not trying to jack your thread here but have you concidered a quick disconnect setup for the lighting kit for those. Kind of like a trailer connector. A lot of them are weather proof and just pull apart quick and easy.

No problem! Personnaly, I do not want my bike to look like a christams tree from the back :D. No need for me to have 4 blinkers in the back. Like I said, I only attach the bags to the bike when I go places. Other than that, I use a tank bag.

Stephenfz6r

I have seen this seat color set up on the Z1000, looks good.

:canada: