The new xbox revealed today

CrazyCawi

and personally, I think its incredible.

Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com

The unique thing about it is Microsoft just revealed EA will only be making games with microsoft, it really knocks playstation off the grid for sports fans. I think it was funny playstation chose to wait for xbox to do their release so they can try and mock up what xbox has moved in the direction of.

They released some of the stats on machinima....and its a beautiful setup so far.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

boom!!! headshot!!!! to the PS3 lovers....

LOL

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I only went PS3 after 6 xbox 360s red ringed in a row.... my first PS3 I even bought used has been going strong!

Sorry, after all those dead consoles, XBOX lost my business. Too bad, liked it better.
I leave mine on all day every day(goes in standby) and never had a problem with it....elite xbox 360 is what I have.....idk I think 2nd gen?

Sage

I've had 2, the first one red ringed and then I got an elite a few months before the updated ones released. Haven't had a problem since. I can't wait for this to release. Watched the Reveal live earlier.

bloodypulp

Have, no had both. After my ps3 hard drive corrupted for the 10th time, in the pool it went two weeks ago. My son put a blow dryer to it and traded it to GameStop for $120 credit

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

I only went PS3 after 6 xbox 360s red ringed in a row.... my first PS3 I even bought used has been going strong!

Sorry, after all those dead consoles, XBOX lost my business. Too bad, liked it better.
I have only had one xbox fail on me an that was due to a lightning strike that fried the ethernet port on the board. I'm on my second unit now and it works like a champ, puts out a lot of heat though. I put one of the intercooler setups on it and it has been great since, though it will heat my office pretty quick when I get into battle field 3 hard.

That being said, I'm wondering exactly what this new unit will deliver me. Though I will not buy one for the first 6 months or more just to see what's up with them, that and their price is supposed to be in the 500+ range. I'm not looking forward to that.

I'd rather just stick with my current system, or sell it... and then use the money to buy myself some better gear for the bike. I've already been considering selling some of my photography equipment.

CrazyCawi

From what I read on Engadget is that there will be some EA Exclusives. I didnt see anything about EA will only be for Xbox.. I think you PS diehards dont need to really worry.. Its probably more like some of the different games that are exclusive to systems, but your football, golf, hockey, baseball etc will be still available.

The whole new Xbox 1 looks nice, I like that I can move my B-Ray player to the upstairs tv now. Two things I dont like about it though:
1:I wish it had a b-ray/dvd burner = so that you could eliminate your dvd burner if you have one that replaced a vcr for shows you want to keep from your DVR. I mean it already had HDMI input..
2: Because of the PowerPC to X86 architecture not being able to play your xbox 360 games on it.. I have some games I REALLY like. Now I will have to keep that system hooked up yet also.

As far as stability goes, I have an older WHITE Xbox 360 that died the redring. Then I got a new WHITE one with 250GB HDD. Seem to have allot of profile corruptions on that box. I also have a Black Slimline 260 on upstairs tv (netflix/dvd capability) - never had a problem with this box.

They portrayed it to be exclusive to the console. I can forsee them making certain attributes of the franchises only available to xbox such as certain game modes, ect. I just cant see them wanting to sever from the market and only follow one brand console because even if market share is less on ps3 why wouldnt they want to dabble in that market share as well.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member