The new guy is new

Roaddawg

I don't think that the FZ6R is THAT great of a bike yet when you want to get rid of it. I mean it's not really a demanding bike that people want, I look at my local craigslist and I have yet to see anyone post selling their FZ6R.
Did you think that maybe it's because people like their 6R and don't want to sell it? Plus, its just turning 2 years old. There's not a lot out there yet.

Detrich

i would start with the fz6r, and only after u become more skilled & confident a rider, then think about upgrading to an r6... gotsta learn how to walk before ya can run... :) i know ppl i wouldn't trust on a bicycle, much less a sport bike... :lol:

MikeN02

Did you think that maybe it's because people like their 6R and don't want to sell it? Plus, its just turning 2 years old. There's not a lot out there yet.
It is a possibility yes, but somewhere on this forum there was someone who mentioned how the dealer wanted to get rid of some of the 6R's in their lot because there wasn't a high demand for them either.

And that's why I said it's isn't that great of a bike YET, meaning people are still sticking to the popular sport bikes; R6, FZ6, GixxeRs, CBRs, Ninjas.

Roaddawg

It is a possibility yes, but somewhere on this forum there was someone who mentioned how the dealer wanted to get rid of some of the 6R's in their lot because there wasn't a high demand for them either.

And that's why I said it's isn't that great of a bike YET, meaning people are still sticking to the popular sport bikes; R6, FZ6, GixxeRs, CBRs, Ninjas.
Sorry, but I take offense to "it isn't that great of a bike YET." It is a GREAT bike right NOW!! :D I know what your saying though. But I don't think they (dealers) are selling a lot of ANY bikes, popular or not. The dealer I bought mine from last year, just went out of business a couple months ago because not many people are buying new bikes right now. (Which totally blows because part of my deal with them was "Free Tires For Life". :mad: )

Sorry for :hijack:

word sux

i would start with the fz6r, and only after u become more skilled & confident a rider, then think about upgrading to an r6... gotsta learn how to walk before ya can run... :) i know ppl i wouldn't trust on a bicycle, much less a sport bike... :lol:

yup

who knows I may just fall in love with the 6r and not upgrade at all. It all depends on my progression. Once I can say without a doubt that the bike is holding me back and not the other way around is when I will upgrade.

Just found a side job for some extra income so I should be ready to pick this baby up in 2-3 weeks

can't wait!!!

MikeN02

Sorry, but I take offense to "it isn't that great of a bike YET." It is a GREAT bike right NOW!! :D I know what your saying though. But I don't think they (dealers) are selling a lot of ANY bikes, popular or not. The dealer I bought mine from last year, just went out of business a couple months ago because not many people are buying new bikes right now. (Which totally blows because part of my deal with them was "Free Tires For Life". :mad: )

Sorry for :hijack:
If you like stock, but also meaning that there aren't a lot of after market stuff for it... meh.

word sux

so what do u guys think a good offer would be on the bike im looking at?

they are asking 5.8k but I am not willing to spend anymore then 5.5

should I offer 5k and see if the bite??

its a black 09 1k miles and an m4 exhaust

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Pompatuse

Yep...and you get more chick with it too! :D
I've also heard the same thing about the yellow one but have never seen any real evidence. Not that it isn't true, I've just never seen any evidence the power is in any way related to the color scheme. It makes no sense from a manufacturing point of view either.

MikeN02

Cops = Red + Blue lights... = Team Yamaha Blue = Cars move out of the way for you because they think/know you're in a hurry = Cops look at a blue bike and already know... they smell trouble and donuts.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
;)does it also make your penis bigger????
No, actually it makes it fall off!! :eek::eek:

Anyway, $5.5 or 5.8 is not a bad price. If you do buy it, paint it clear so people think you can levitate. :rolleyes:

Pompatuse

No, actually it makes it fall off!! :eek::eek:

Anyway, $5.5 or 5.8 is not a bad price. If you do buy it, paint it clear so people think you can levitate. :rolleyes:
Holy Crap! That's funny!!!:rof: