The FZ6R

Mitch21

Cool! Thanks for verifying. Yeah, I would love to add a touch of red to that area. :)

When you say it doesn't sit totally flush, does it look/feel like it seals the oil hole though? I just don't want anything getting in there, or coming out, that shouldn't be.
Yeh it seels the hole alright, the black rubber gromet is recessed in to the oil cap in the stock one where as in the after market it's not recessed so the cap doesn't sit flush. Hope that makes sense. I can take pictures if you like?

2416ryan

Yeh it seels the hole alright, the black rubber gromet is recessed in to the oil cap in the stock one where as in the after market it's not recessed so the cap doesn't sit flush. Hope that makes sense. I can take pictures if you like?
Thanks again for verifying! (Late reply, but I've been busy :p) I just bid on a red one.

CrazyCawi

welcome from minnesota :D

VI Prince

Marty your bike looks awesome. Where did you get the Gold Bar Ends - Gold Oil Cap? I've been looking for some. Please send me the info. Thanks, very classy mods.

Mitch21

Marty your bike looks awesome. Where did you get the Gold Bar Ends - Gold Oil Cap? I've been looking for some. Please send me the info. Thanks, very classy mods.
Hey mate,
The oil cap I just got from eBay, cheap but still looks good and does the job.
YAMAHA FZ1 R1 FZR600 YZF600R FZ6 R6 R6S Gold Oil Cap | eBay

The bar ends are actually ones for on R6, I bought them without realising. However my dad made a part at his shop that screws into handlebars and then allows the end cap to screw into this part. A lot of work in the end.

But here's an example of one you can get that's for the 6r.
CNC Racing Barends Bar Ends Gold for Yamaha FZ6R 2009-2011 | eBay

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

Mitch21

As a fellow Black N' Gold, looks nice and clean. Keep it up bud! :thumbup:

All you are missing is the Puig Rear Tire hugger. ;)

Be careful though, the best looking one is the 5035N.
Yeh I have seen them and they look really good, been thinking about if for a while but since i just bought a new cage, the bike will have to wait for a bit

CDN6R

Greeting from Canada,Mitch! Can you explain why in the begining of your post that the FZ6R is not popular in Oz. Is it because it ias restricted? Your black/Gold 6R is beautiful.

Mitch21

Greeting from Canada,Mitch! Can you explain why in the begining of your post that the FZ6R is not popular in Oz. Is it because it ias restricted? Your black/Gold 6R is beautiful.
Well I bought the bike in early 2011 and I hadn't seen the bike at all before then. I guess the bike never really took off because of its higher price of a derestricted bike when you can buy a 250 that goes just as fast if not faster for half the price. I guess I just saw through the price to realise that I am getting two bikes in one which will be cheaper in the long run. This meant that there weren't a lot of mods I could get in Aus so I had to order from the states.

However I have seen maybe 5-10 fz6rs since then across two different states.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Mitch21

So unfortunately I leave you guys with trading in the fz6r but sticking with Yamaha picking up the MT09 or FZ09 to the US folk yesterday. The new bike is amazing and a great step from the 6r. You immediately notice the lightness compared the 6r and of course the power. Overall I am very happy with my time on the 6r and all she has taught me, but so happy with the new purchase. I will be checking in from time to time and I will leave u with a couple of pics of the MT.

Cheers,

Mitch

Attachments

Bert-Aus

Congrats Mitch!
She looks very tidy indeed
You know your going to have to let me ride her when I am all healed;)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Mitch21

Congrats Mitch!
She looks very tidy indeed
You know your going to have to let me ride her when I am all healed;)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Thanks mate, once you take it for a spin you will be at the dealer the next day ;)

Heal up and hope to see ya on a bike soon.