The champion is back.

Alex6

Some old story - Brasil can't win big in Europe, Spain(replace with any big Euro team) can't win in S. America.

danieljardim

We beat france before the cup, we beat italy, we beat spain. Who else we have to beat?

If they keep up with good work on defense, we are going to be Hexa champions. ;)

Alex6

Usa 2014? :)
USA must abandon CONCANAF and move to the S. America to develop further. Playing the banana repulbics and Mexico does not help. But MLS getting better in quality and fans support every year. The future is bright.

pjmac5

Sorry spain, you're not a match for us... Go back to Europe.
Brazil has won ConfCup in 2005, 2009 and now 2013. You might want to wait until they win the World Cup before you get too excited. You know there is no match for Brazil when everything is working but the national team is so volatile and unpredictable, you do not know what you will have next year.

Both Italy and Spain have a pipeline of talented players and they learned a lot from ConfCup. They will be ready to play when World Cup roles around.

There is a reason why the winner of ConfCup has never won the World Cup and the World Cup determines the best in the world not ConfCup.

danieljardim

There is a reason why the winner of ConfCup has never won the World Cup and the World Cup determines the best in the world not ConfCup.
That rule is about to be broken. :) I'm usually not the guy that break balls about sports (lying) but spain was so confident that they would destroy brazil (even after playing a terrible game against italy, and calling themselves the "selecao" of the new generation, that this win had a little extra flavor to it. And the fact the spanish people got pissed off and start calling off brazilians a bunch of monkeys, that enraged me. Dont play the game if you don't know how to loose it.

The new squad is coming a long way and with neymar and bernard going to europe to experience some of this technical european football, I think we have a good shot of winning this up coming cup and the factor "home" always help.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

danieljardim

Brazil is not a happy place these days. Hopefully things will improve before next year. Have fun, be safe.
People finally woke up against all the corruption going on there. If I was there I would be on the streets too. I don't think they gonna change overnight but it started.

Jon I will meet you there :)

Talking about Ronaldinho, when he was happy playing soccer he was a monster, what he did on the PSG and Barcelona was incredible, than he went to milan and back to Brazil to play for flamengo, but he wasn't happy, his soccer was down.

Now he is playing for Atletico Mineiro (my team by the way) and with all the support from the fans his magic is coming back. His only problem is that one game he plays game, the other game he is not so great. He needs to keep up the pace, if he does he may go to the world cup 2014.

pjmac5

People finally woke up against all the corruption going on there. If I was there I would be on the streets too. I don't think they gonna change overnight but it started.

Jon I will meet you there :)

Talking about Ronaldinho, when he was happy playing soccer he was a monster, what he did on the PSG and Barcelona was incredible, than he went to milan and back to Brazil to play for flamengo, but he wasn't happy, his soccer was down.

Now he is playing for Atletico Mineiro (my team by the way) and with all the support from the fans his magic is coming back. His only problem is that one game he plays game, the other game he is not so great. He needs to keep up the pace, if he does he may go to the world cup 2014.
Beyond corruption the Central Bank of Brazil has been aggressively devaluing the Real. The results you see, but that topic will put this board to sleep.

As for Ronaldinho: He was one of the greatest and IMHO, there was not a single athlete in the world that was as fun to watch. Much was said about why Barca traded him and it doesn't really matter anymore. Below are some video for those who are not soccer fans.

Ronaldinho Video Links:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9zOIpd-Pw]Ronaldinho Compilation from 2005-06. Magican [by nitter] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRbpjPWUNg]Ronaldinho Golden Shoe - YouTube[/ame]

danieljardim

Beyond corruption the Central Bank of Brazil has been aggressively devaluing the Real. The results you see, but that topic will put this board to sleep.

As for Ronaldinho: He was one of the greatest and IMHO, there was not a single athlete in the world that was as fun to watch. Much was said about why Barca traded him and it doesn't really matter anymore. Below are some video for those who are not soccer fans.

Ronaldinho Video Links:

Ronaldinho Compilation from 2005-06. Magican [by nitter] - YouTube

Ronaldinho Golden Shoe - YouTube
And the magic is coming back because his is happy again playing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYVkUfGGwh0]Ronaldinho - Atlético Mineiro - Showman is Back - Part 1 ᴴᴰ - YouTube[/ame]