The 11 is 100% healthy!!!

Hellgate

What a long two months...

My instrument cluster freaked out two months ago. Cruising at 55/60 mph, then the speedo goes to ZERO for 15 miles, then to 180, then instantly back to Zero. The engine check light comes on, throws nine faults, all invalid. Then the low fuel light comes on. ugh...

I knew these issues were coming and at 900 miles they arrived.

To the dealer in early April sat for a week, check bike out for track day. Then back into shop. New IC arrives, shop tries to install for 10 days. Bad IC, need to wait two more weeks and reorder a new one....

Then the Federal Safety Vehicle dudes announce a recall on the front brake line...minor...I show the shop the recall on 4/10ish, it is effective on 4/20. I pick the bike up on 5/15ish, second IC not in yet, recall not repaired.

I'm just a tiny bit up set.

Write Buell a letter, get a call from Buell a week later. They apologize up and down, and order the parts for me, from the factory (dealer had failed to do so).

I go to CA for my track day. Drop bike off yesterday and today I pick it up and it is fixed, 100%. Thank goodness....

Week after next we are back to AF1 Racing for the ECU flash, the Power Commander and the dyno tune....

Why you ask? You gotta ride one! What an amazing bike. :D

Besides, the new IC has a gear position indicator, very cool! :rockon:

F

Fred

You got a Power Commander for the Buell? Does this mean that the exhaust project is back on?

Hellgate

You got a Power Commander for the Buell? Does this mean that the exhaust project is back on?
Oh yes! In fact the exhaust project was never off. You and I were simply too busy. Now that you be egumicated we can figure out the exhaust. I have the complete service manual too.

I have the Ohio Sport Bike flash utility, now I can talk to my ECU, "Hello ECU!" Micah and I will up load the OSB flash in a couple of weeks, then Micah is fitting the Aprilia PC3 and dyno tune. :D

All reports say the new OSB flash will fix 99.9% of fueling issues, and add 15 hp at 8,500 rpm. (And I already scared the pee out of myself with this thing)

The PC3 will allows us to adjust it quickly for the exhaust and other goodies. :D

F

Fred

Oh yes! In fact the exhaust project was never off. You and I were simply too busy. Now that you be egumicated we can figure out the exhaust.
Sadly, I have a job now, so I won't have as much free time as I'd planned on.

On the other hand, I have a job now, so I'll have some money to spend on tools and bike parts.

Fred

Hellgate

Sadly, I have a job now, so I won't have as much free time as I'd planned on.

On the other hand, I have a job now, so I'll have some money to spend on tools and bike parts.

Fred
Very cool! Is it at the place we talked about at your party?

T

tasop7

Sorry to hear about the frustrating situation, but I'm glad the Buell is back in commission! :thumbup:

N

nccoder

What a long two months...

(snip)

Why you ask? You gotta ride one! What an amazing bike. :D

Besides, the new IC has a gear position indicator, very cool! :rockon:

I never ask why. I've never ridden one but I want to....

Every time I see one whether early models or later I'm interested. They are so very cool.

Happy riding!

reiobard

glad that you got the IC sorted out. i can;t wait to see the dyno results :)

One of my buddies around here made an exhaust for his 1125r. I can ask him for some good pictures and a how to if you would like.

R

rsw81

That's awesome Pete... remember you telling us about this at the track day recently. Glad they got that all squared away and that the exhaust and reflash is under way. That bike was an animal stock, can't imagine what it will be like now!

And the gear indicator is freakin' sweet! My Triumph has one and I don't know how I did without one now... no more guessing if I'm in 2nd or 3rd going into a right hander on the street.