Texting while riding

Detrich

i am...

without...

speech...

LOL.

that guy wins the jon ker prize of the week. :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chaos

Wow! Really, what is wrong with some people. Dumb Ass

bmw675

ok, ill say it.
as dumb as it is, you got to give it to the guy for keeping his balance. he may be an idiot, but he probably has skills in him somewhere.

ME_with_a_B

Some of the younger guys I ride with on occasion answer their phones (or txt) while we're out riding. I told 'em very sincerely if they do it while they're next to me -- I'll pull over next to 'em and knock the phone right out of their hand. And I'm not kidding.

Now at least they pull over into a different lane or slow to fall back to the rear while we're riding.

ry-mac75

Impressive.... Stupid, but impressive.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen that video before. He has is set to auto-pilot, so there's no need to get panties all twisted. :rolleyes: Everything is under control.

Seriously though, he either has no brains or a huge pair...

gearhead

27 years ago, or so (???), I was with my mom driving back from San Luis Obispo, CA when I saw Indian Larry cruising down the freeway laid back on his bike much like that yahoo was. Obviously, he wasn't texting; but to a 13-year-old, that was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. I kept wondering HOW he did that. I tried it on my bicycle when I got home and have the scars to show for it (steep hill used for momentum probably not a good part of the plan....) Good learning experience though; since then, I have NOT tried it on any bicycle or motorcycle while riding. Considering my propensity to try anything stupid once, that's a good thing. God, have I really almost made it to 42???
:eek:)

pyrocpu

I'm surprised that JonKerr hasn't pointed this out in his "What not to wear..." thread... :D

Wooster

The worst I'll do is check my phone at a stop light, but I won't fire off any texts though. Plus it's too hard with gloves on.

CrazyCawi

hes trying to bring livelyhood to some older threads because he is newer to the forum so some of these things are new to him???