Tempature?

phocoyote7

I was curious to what temp your bikes are averaging? When I ride it reads about 199 - 205 F. My short commute to work and back my temp when I stop gets up to 212 F. I think the highest I seen it go was 224 F.

Since this is first bike I'm not sure what is normal. I read the owners manual and says 104 -242 F OK, go ahead with riding. Seems like I'm running high on the spectrum for OK range. Would like to hear what everyone else is noticing.

F

FZ1inNH

You are getting about the same temp readings I am. I've seen 230 after shutting it off on a hot day as the highest. Typically right around 200 +/- 10 during a ride though, depending on the ambient temp.

C

champion221elite

My bike averages 162-170 degrees if I'm riding around 60 mph in 6 th gear at 5,000 RPMS with an ambient temperature of 70 degrees. While riding through town at 35-45 mph, the coolant temp will climb to around 180-190 degrees.

phantomxc

Mine varies very much just depending on driving conditions and how I feel like driving. If I'm driving around town keeping the RPMs kinda low it stays 170-190. If I get on the freeway and stay about 75-80 mph once I get off it usually stays around 202-212. The fan kicks on at 212.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'd say your temps are considered normal. That's what I usually see when I'm riding. You shouldn't need to worry too much. When the bike gets too hot, it will tell you. ;)

lilfuzz

Ya, once you go above 240 then you should worry, but not till then.