Teflon chain lubricant

karim18

Just ordered my first can today.

I was using PJ1 Blue Label and switched to PJ1 Black Label.... that was a bad idea, my chain has been slinging lubricant everywhere including, but not limited to... my rear tire. Not doing that again :p

Anyways, was wondering if anyone had experience with this and had an opinion one way or the other?

Thanks,
Karim

latony007

Just ordered my first can today.

I was using PJ1 Blue Label and switched to PJ1 Black Label.... that was a bad idea, my chain has been slinging lubricant everywhere including, but not limited to... my rear tire. Not doing that again :p

Anyways, was wondering if anyone had experience with this and had an opinion one way or the other?

Thanks,
Karim
i use the maxum cleaner, lube, wax and i dont have issues with sling, i usually let it set pretty good before i ride it though.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

FastFreddy

I like PJ1 Blue label, its up there for me.
Not too waxy, not too oily, just right.

I did 43 000 kms on my last standard chain.

I remember buying a small can of black, then going straight back to a big can of blue at one point.

I also liked Bel Ray Super clean and also Motul Factory line.

Last edited:

karim18

Personally, I like Yama-Lube... $8.00/can at the dealership and it does a great job.

Goes on nice, no sling, very happy with all aspects of Yama's chain lube.

Just my two cents...
9 times out of 10 my dealer runs out of Yama-Lube and I end up getting PJ1, last time around Blue Label was out and I saw black label, got it figuring it was better, until I went on a group ride 2 weeks ago and learned quickly how to drift through a 90 degree left-hander... waiting for the teflon lube to get in before I bother cleaning up the rear end with simple green and a pressure washer.