Team Blue: Which reflective stripes?

AngryAnt

Alright, so I've got blue reflective stripes on my bike right now (10mm), which I like the width, but they just don't really match the bike very well.

Yes, I used the search function. Plenty of people showing off their wheel stripes, but not all of them comment on how well they really match or how they like them. Pictures often have flash and don't really give an idea of how they look in normal daylight.

There are plenty of place I can get them from, so I'm just hoping for some comments on which blue owners thought their stripes did or did not turn out like they had hoped. I like riding at night, and yes I know when a headlight hits them they're always going to be lighter, but I'd at least like them to closely match just in normal daylight.

Just a few of the choices:

http://dunstangraffix.com/
Reflective Motorcycle and Bicycle Rim and Wheel tape strips
Home
(Numerous sellers on ebay)
Rascal Grafik Reflective Wheel Stripe Kit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore
Tapeworks Rimstripes Homepage

redprodigy35

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

deputydog

Another place to try is Tapeworks. They really try to match the colors so they're close. They just put up an announcement that they ended their contract with Yamaha, so don't know how things will be in the future. Check em out, you might find what you're looking for. Plus their reflective is really bright at night when the light shines on em, so much that I removed the stock reflectors from my last bike.

AngryAnt

Thanks for the tips guys. I really like to ride at night (I first learned at night), so I like the idea of the reflective ones over the normal ones. I'll look into some of these and I'll post when I decide and get them on so hopefully somebody else doesn't burn money on colors that are way off like me in the future :)

AngryAnt

Found this picture on the Tapeworks site, it looks pretty close, its for the "R6 Blue", I might try it. It looks like the R6 blue is the same blue as on the 6R, any R6 owners care to comment?

Detrich

Yes. YZF-R6 blue is the same as FZ-6R blue for most recent years. The paint codes for touch-up paint are identical.

AngryAnt