TBR on my Yamaha XJ6

Gaucho88

Hey guys,

I am from Germany and I'm new here in the forum and drive a Yamaha XJ6 with a Two Brothers exhaust. :germany:

My XJ6 has a lambda sensor but can not be installed in the TBR. Can I drive without a probe or should I look at the TBR Juice Box to get the bike runs properly?

Here are some impressions of my motorcycle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEQqWvhP-Y]YouTube - Yamaha XJ6 Two Brothers Exhaust Ligne.MPG[/ame]

pilninggas

hey guacho,

nice bike, i like the little detail changes you have made! where abouts in germany are you?

i reckon you have a few options to solve the lambda issue:

1) get a juice box, but don't try to set it up on the fly, take it to a bike dynamometer so it can be set properly.

2) fit a power commander and get it on a dynamometer.

3) Get a lamba boss welded to the tbr exhaust where the downpipes meet and fit the lambda sensor to your new exhaust.

4) buy a 'lambda-simulator' which is just a little circuit that supplies an oscillating 0-1v signal to the cables, so the ECU of the bike thinks the lambda is still connected. e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Oxygen-O2-Sensor-Simulator-Emulator-V2-Heater_W0QQitemZ110485880811QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item19b978bfeb#ht_3308wt_1114

i'd do 3 myself, as long as the weld is tidy and done properly (TIG welded it should be all good).

hope that helps

mervyn

Last edited:

Gaucho88

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'll buy me the Juice Box. Can I take the box without Dynometer? How much hp the bike has more with the Juice Box (I have also installed a K & N air filter)?

pilninggas

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'll buy me the Juice Box. Can I take the box without Dynometer? How much hp the bike has more with the Juice Box (I have also installed a K & N air filter)?
you can fit the juice box without dynometer time, but i would be a little wary of doing so. Maybe the best bet is to email/phone two brothers direct and ask if you can have the best settings sent to you. what i personally would put me off of a 'juice box' is that the adjustments it makes are cruder than the power commander.

in terms of power increase, i doubt you'll get more than 2/3 ps extra, however it will make the bike run better as you will be bypassing all of the noise and emissions restrictions that sap power and reduce driveability.

hope that helps.

pilninggas

Hello,

I still would need an O2 Simlator if I installed one TBR Juice Box or not?
if there is not mounting on the exhaust for a lambda sensor and the juice box does not have a simulator facility then probably yes.

at small throttle openings the ECU with expect the lambda sensor to be providing an oscillating 0-1v electrical signal, if it does not it will think there is a problem with the engine and the EML (check engine lamp) will illuminate.

Are you any good with electronics? you could make one with a simple astable circuit like a 555 timer chip.

You could see what happens, if the if you don't put a simulator on, are you going to be in trouble in your jurisdiction for having possibly faulty emissions?

hope that helps.

mokilock

Hi Gaucho88,

I am thinking of making the same setup on my Yamaha XJ6. TBR exhaust + K&N air filter.
I would like to ask you, did you also install the TBR Juice Box or the O2 simulator after all?
What happens if you don’t? Is it possible that you cause a problem to the engine?
What’s wrong with just the TBR Exhaust and the K&N Filter?

Last edited: