Tank protector (invisible)

llervero

Hey guys I do not want to sound like a salesman since I have no affiliation with the company. I had used this tank protector in all my bikes since I do not like the looks of the normal ones and had never come off. It is completely clear and you can not see it until your eyes are inches from it. They also do kits for headlights. Here is their web site: TheTankSlapper.biz - TankSlapper Tank Protectors: Yamaha

cbzdel

I have been looking at their site and cant decide between their tank slapper product or the 3m... And thoughts?? Also have you installed it on your bike yet? Is there a way you can take a pic and then outline the edges of the "tank slapper" so we know what the coverage area is.

N

NakedJ

I have Venture shield on both my bikes and had it put on as they rolled out of the showroom. not a mark on it from nearly two years of use. i'd swear by it as agree with you i hate those bulky "normal" tank protectors

cbzdel

Is that the tank slapper original or tank slapper 3m?

Also when it dried is it actually clear and no water spots?

You just made me want to order :)

I was gonna have it professionally done but it was gonna cost me $200 to have all the prone sports on the bike 3m'd

llervero

Is that the tank slapper original or tank slapper 3m?

Also when it dried is it actually clear and no water spots?

You just made me want to order :)

I was gonna have it professionally done but it was gonna cost me $200 to have all the prone sports on the bike 3m'd
Tank slapper original. Its all depend how patient you are. The good thing is that you can removed and start again if it does not look good the first try.

cbzdel

I just sent them an E-Mail reguarding when a complete coverage kit will be relased for the FZ6R... I will post up my findings...

A

AlanB

Hey guys I do not want to sound like a salesman since I have no affiliation with the company. I had used this tank protector in all my bikes since I do not like the looks of the normal ones and had never come off. It is completely clear and you can not see it until your eyes are inches from it. They also do kits for headlights. Here is their web site: TheTankSlapper.biz - TankSlapper Tank Protectors: Yamaha
Does it provide a little leg grip as well? I'm looking for something to provide some grip on downhill and 2 up braking, but gripster and stompgrip are overkill for my riding style, which is more touring than sport. Seems like even the static sheet would provide more grip than my freshly waxed tank, yeah?

GoGreen09

CB - waiting for your post. I was looking into this, but wasn't quite sold especially when our bikes weren't on the list. Thanks for the research!

L

LERecords

+1 on tank slapper... great stuff... and yes, its a little grippy... not sticky, but grippy... hoe that helps

llervero

Is a bit more gripi,but after a couple of washes and a few quick detailing sesions I will get waxi, but not as much as the tank. Plus you can squeez your legs knowing that you would not scratch your tank. In my last few bikes had the tankslapper and never had to take it off for washing the bike.

L

LERecords

i dont take mine off for washing... or waxing.. but its getting really marked up.. thought about replacing it just to get clear again... but its not that big of a deal...

cbzdel

I just sent them an E-Mail reguarding when a complete coverage kit will be relased for the FZ6R... I will post up my findings...
Got a responce:

We happen to be working on that kit now Chris, and could have it ready to order by Friday. We let you know via email when it is listed on our website for ordering.
:rockon:

A

antijoy

They still don't have proper kits for the 07+ FZ6, but they're making FZ6R stuff???

I really wanted to protect my tank when I first got my bike new. Too bad they don't have a kit to protect it from a tank bag and jacket and knees. I was never able too contact them either. What a joke...

xplodnstar

Funny, I actually ordered my tank protection kit last Monday. Should be here today. I've been using a generic clear vinyl for the last few months. It did it's job, but looks like crap. I decided that the bubbles and dirt scuffs are better than getting my tank ripped up by my tank bag, though.

For $15 the kit from TankSlappers seemed like a good deal as a replacement to the $11 "custom" job I tried to do. :)

W

wolfc70

Look like that is no complete protection kit for 2007 FZ6S yet:(
2007,2008,2009 are all the same style tank. Only the 2004,2005,2006 had a different style tank. The 2008 protector will work fine.:thumbup:

cbzdel

i am let down by this place not having a full kit yet, I keep getting the "i will be done next week" form the owner.. I paid for a full kit but was only shipped half so far with the intention of getting the rest once it was made...

B

bigdog9191999

well i should have a short review in a few weeks as to it's durability, i just ordered a top kit for the tiger. (the tank bag is trying to tear my sh!t up)