Tank Pad

MikeN02

That is a lot of money for a mere tank pad... Yeah it'll work, majority of tank pads are universal just slap it on the tank and you're good to go.

It's the 3 piece ones or the tank grip/stompers are the ones you need to worry about.

ajiribarren

I have the Techspec tankgrips for the FZ6 installed, in the FZ6R is more for looks though...

Binyamin

Hey, i think its a cool lookin tank pad but wayyyyy tooo expensive in my opinion when you can get some pretty good looking one`s off of ebay for under 10$.

Cheers!

kma_jg

Thanks ofr all the feedback.
I don't know what it is with Yamaha accessory price. They are 10x more compared with other aftermarket stuff.

I think a transparent or semi transparent pad will look nice when it lets the color underneath through.

kma_jg

I have the Techspec tankgrips for the FZ6 installed, in the FZ6R is more for looks though...
How is the XJ6S going for you? Mine is due for its first service and I have two things they should check.
1. When going into first when standing still doesn't sound smooth at all. It makes a loud noise everytime. As if the clutch is not in all the way, but it is.
2. The steering lock is very stiff sometimes when I turn the key to lock it.
I know you have to push it in, but it goes halfway and then no further.

Cheers

ajiribarren

How is the XJ6S going for you? Mine is due for its first service and I have two things they should check.
1. When going into first when standing still doesn't sound smooth at all. It makes a loud noise everytime. As if the clutch is not in all the way, but it is.
2. The steering lock is very stiff sometimes when I turn the key to lock it.
I know you have to push it in, but it goes halfway and then no further.

Cheers
Hey mate! The XJ6S is going great so far, no complaints, and with the weather improving and uni soon finishing, I will be riding more and more.

1) Normal, or at least that's what the dealer told me. It does a loud "tud", and had other bikes that were pretty similar going into first gear.

2) Try wiggling the steering when you try and lock it. I've found it won't lock at completely full lock, just a tad less than full lock and everything works well.

Cheers

kma_jg

I ended upgoing for a plain transparent pad. Half of what the Yamaha one cost. The only thing about the transparent is that you don't get all the tiny air bubbles out, but it looks good.

kma_jg

Hey mate! The XJ6S is going great so far, no complaints, and with the weather improving and uni soon finishing, I will be riding more and more.

1) Normal, or at least that's what the dealer told me. It does a loud "tud", and had other bikes that were pretty similar going into first gear.

2) Try wiggling the steering when you try and lock it. I've found it won't lock at completely full lock, just a tad less than full lock and everything works well.

Cheers
My dealer also said it is normal and for the stiff locking, I sprayed some WD40 into the key hole and it ismfine now. Do you have so e pictures of your windscreen? I'm looking for something taller to reflect then wind better. How does this one work for you?