Tank bag

Brock Kickass

Givi makes a few pretty cool ones that mount to your fuel cap somehow. It looks like it makes no contact with a painted surface. Pretty slick, comes in a few sizes/configurations.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

RoadTrip

'Rapid Transit Outpost Tank Bag', world's tinniest tank bag.

I put garage door opener, cell phone, money, cards, and spare contacts in there and it's stuffed. Looks like everyone is out at the moment, though, on backorder. It fits in the depression in front of gixxer tank perfectly.

I use a Manta for bigger stuff, and a tail bag for longer trips, good to have different options.

z21-i

I have the small Joe ROcket, I think its called the Manta. Holds more than you think and the magnets work great at any speed.

BKP

Givi makes a few pretty cool ones that mount to your fuel cap somehow. It looks like it makes no contact with a painted surface. Pretty slick, comes in a few sizes/configurations.
They are slick...

I have the T489 TankLock bag (from Givi). Pops on and off like a breeze, no magnets to harm the clearcoat, expands, perfect size.

You need a mounting flange with it, which is specific to the bike. It replaces a couple of the screws from the flange around the gas cap, and screws in very inconspicuously. Once in, it's great... makes removal for fill-up a breeze, as well...

Givi TankLock T489 Tank Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

jamesgarfield

I love this guy
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/1555/ITEM/Tour-Master-Super-10-Tank-Bag.aspx?SiteID=Google_PLA071&WT.mc_ID=10012&esvt=0-GOUSC&esvadt=9-0-3886819-1&esvaid=30548&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=1555&kw={keyword}&gclid=CKSpjOW6nbICFURxQgodYlEAqw

works like a champ, easy and practical...heres what it looks like on my bike (the rear bag is cycle guys fastpack, that thing is seriously a life saver for work commutes, folds right down for inconspicuous document holder when parked outside :D)

Attachments

goosey

I bought mine from a friend that has to sell his bike the bag is amazing just large enough to store my jacket liner and a couple of bottles of water

txjames

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Lefty

I have the Joe Rocket Hammerhead tank bag, it's the prefect size for an FZ6R tank. I used it on a 6 day, 4049km trip last June and it kept my sunglasses, a couple of monster energy drinks, a few bars, keys, point-and-shoot camera, wallet, GPS, phone, USB wall charger and charging cords. It has a built-in waterproof cover as well, that you pull out from a pocket in the front. I very pleased with it and I would definitely recommend it.

Attachments

Last edited: