Tank Bag & Tail Bag

C

CravenMoorhead

Just put on Joe Rocket 'Manta' Tankbag and 'Space Pak' Tail Bag.

The tank bag is secured by four magnets in a soft but heavy felt like material which also lines the belly of the bag against the tank. As long as your tank is clean, it does not seem like it will scratch.

The four magnet secure the bag very well and I cannot imagine it slipping or falling off at any speed or lean angle. It takes a bit of effort to remove it giving you that feeling that it won't just fall off. The magnets fold under the belly liner to tuck away when you remove the tank bag. The bag has clips and an included shoulder/waist strap to carry into a store or such. I need to figure out a easy/lazy way to piviot it to clear the gascap come time to fill up the tank.

The bag is well made with three zippered pockets. The top pocket has a clear window for a cell phone for example. Under that compartment is a pocket for your wallet/keys and such. Under both of those pockets is a larger compartment for gloves, a t-shirt or perhaps a bottle of water.

Each compartment/pocket has a nice zipper with a toggle laced to the end. The bag is lined with 3M reflective stripes which are unobtrusive.

Joe Rocket Manta Magnetic Tank Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

The tail bag is designed to put a helmet inside so you can picture the volume. It has a zippered expansion section if you need more room and two clip tie downs to keep it compact when empty. Could likely fit a leather jacket in there.

The whole bag velcro's under your removable rear seat section. Need the key to unlock the rear seat to remove the bag so you can keep it on the bike when you leave it in a parking lot. Could also remove and put your helmet (which has a soft felt helmet bag built in inside with drawstrings) inside with your gloves/keys and even put your tankbag as above inside the helmet.

The zippers are well made with toggles on the end. A nice touch is a rubber like end facing forward and rear. I can feel the rear rubber/bag end against my back when riding acting as a bit of a back rest but no substantial support. There is also some reflective, understated lettering on the sides which can only add to lateral visibility at night.

Joe Rocket Space Pak 2.0 - Motorcycle Superstore

I can take some pictures of them installed on my FZ6R if there is any interest.

L

LERecords

might want to look at tank-slapper to put undernethe your tank bag.. its a thin 3m type plastic that stops scratches.. cheap and very effective.. good writeup :)

W

Wildcard

might want to look at tank-slapper to put undernethe your tank bag.. its a thin 3m type plastic that stops scratches.. cheap and very effective.. good writeup :)
VERY MUCH AGREE. I have several small scratches on my tank from magnets from tank bags...kidna sucks. I tried ordering from tank slapper, but they did not have one for the 07+ FZ

L

LERecords

its the same as the 05 model.. they never changed the gas tank (i think).. but yea, just order it for a 04-06.. you'll love how it works.. too bad they dont update their website..I'll have to shoot that guy an email to tell him to update it so that newer bikes know that it'll fit..
Contact Information:

Address:
Pacific Auto Trim
P.O. BOX #460951
ESCONDIDO, CA, 92046

Phone: 760-739-0100
Fax: 760-741-9325
Email: [email protected]

thats all the info from his site.. just give him an email and im sure he'll hook you up :) great product..

S

shamrocker

Nice bags, man. I have the manta XL and love it. I can even carry a pair of shoes in them for work. I made one scratch in my tank, but I was being careless by sliding the bag off instead of pulling the magnets straight up.

C

CravenMoorhead

tankslapper

Well, I made the mistake of searching "tank slapper" and clicked on this link... not what I like or need to be reminded of particularly since we are looking for new health insurance and some of the questionaires ask if you have ridden a motorcycle in the past 24 months, which adds a 20% surcharge on the premium...

H

Have2BeFree

Another cheap fix for the tank bag is to get the mesh stuff (don't know what's it's called) that you line kitchen drawers and cabinets with. Cut a hole out for the gas cap and you are good to go.