Taking the plunge...

yellowFZ6r

Well fellas, I've had a wonderful ride/experience with my FZ6R, but it's time I finally let someone else enjoy her. I'm about to sell her and purchase an R6. Once I took the R6 for a test ride I knew I had to have it. I hate to get rid of my 6R, but I truly feel it's time. Amazing bike, and I don't think I could have learned on a better motorcycle, but I want something more. Anyways, it has been a GREAT ride!

P.S.

I will hang around the forum for a lot of reasons, but mainly because all of you guys are awesome!

Cheers!

Nick

Detrich

Congrats! You will love the R6... What year/ color are u looking at getting? Don't forget to couple of us (Mike, Jay, myself) are also on the R6 forum too... ^_^

yellowFZ6r

It's a blue 2009, I'm buying it off of by best friend's older brother, who is actually my friend as well. Therefore, I know it has been taken care of. I'm ecstatic about it, I feel like it's a huge step up and I couldn't more excited. I'll definitely have to join the R6 forum. Any advice as to how to ride her with the utmost safety, as it's head and shoulders faster than the 6R haha (as you know)?

yellowFZ6r

Haha thanks Rook, it was inevitable for me. It's a combination of the increased HP and the more aggressive riding style. Both are huge perks in my book!

CrazyCawi

Heads and shoulders fast? I never had dandruff issues with my 6r lol

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

The R6 likes to ridden hard- ie rev'd hard @ high rpms. Here are my observations. :)

1. Keep the RPMs high
- The R6 has no pull below 6k rpm and the power/ torque increases exponentially at 8k rpm. So, when I ride canyons, I keep her between 8k and 10k rpm for the best balance of power/ control/ stability. Don't be afraid to rev it hard to get into to 6k+ rpm range as soon as possible on the streets.

2. Keep your body position relaxed
- Hug the tank with your thighs, support your torso with your abs, keep your body low, keep your head down, and relax your arms for maximum comfort. Give yourself time to get used to the riding position and try to stay relaxed. The more you try to fight the riding position by lifting your head up, the more uncomfortable it will feel.

3. Be one with the bike
- The R6 is light and turns very fast at high speeds. But, it's also more difficult to maneuver at low speeds due to the smaller turning radius- esp for u turns. For slow speed maneuvering, maintain control by keeping the RPMs high and dragging the rear brake. Shift your body weight to the inside of the direction of the turn.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member