Taking on a passenger

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

JoJoJodyJo

I haven't and I doubt I will. I'm a 5'8" female so I doubt any guy I'm dating would want to jump on back since they're usually taller and heavier than me. Lol

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Pvee

Just tell them to hang on to the saddle horn.!!

I rode for about 50 years, and it would worry me that the passenger weight is up so high on this style bike. Though I have not tried it either..

I had a BMW 1150R for a couple years and I didn't like having passenger on that.

The streetglide wasn't bad but cramped, we would bang helmets all the time.

BoneJj

Just tell them to hang on to the saddle horn.!!

I rode for about 50 years, and it would worry me that the passenger weight is up so high on this style bike. Though I have not tried it either..

I had a BMW 1150R for a couple years and I didn't like having passenger on that.

The streetglide wasn't bad but cramped, we would bang helmets all the time.
I have that problem on my ninja 1000 but only when I have a taller passenger/inexperienced passenger. I have given a ride to some friends to different places in a pinch and they normally do okay but I have one friend that doesn't know what neck control is and I constantly end up getting knocked in the back of the head. I've since told this person that if they can't get it under control no more rides....

I've had to give my friend's wife a ride home on the bike a few times as well as she carpools at times and then ends up staying, after my friend has already left to go to work.

It's hilarious because she's such a pansy when I pick her up on the bike. It took her a good 10 rides to actually start to get comfortable and stop trying to squeeze my stomach out of my butt... lol. I had to slap her leg a few times to get her to loosen her grip some.

I've also given rides to some other friends and what I've come to find is that even if a person says they know how to be a passenger you still need to sit down and have a conversation about what the rules are and how to properly lean and all that other mess. I've had people tell me they have ridden a bike and all that mess but then put them on as a passenger and they have no clue as to what they are supposed to be doing. They will lean the wrong way, fidget or whatever else they shouldn't be doing.

Regardless it is nice to have a woman wrapping her legs around you and it's good to be able to rub a woman's leg while you ride.

If you are lucky you can even get her to grab the horn while you are riding...