Tail Packs - Who uses them? I do!!!!!

I

inkrediboy

Sure is some good lean! Get those toes up the pegs and get on the inside of the bike soldier!!! Fix that form or the road will fix you! :spank: :D
ok, he said I didn't, I've caused enough fights today and am trying to be good :) I was thinking the same thing. Crazy lean with gear none the less, those are big containers. Watch them toes.

G

Gopher

inkrediboy, I think you've just sorted my problem of not being able to afford a full set of Givi's yet...! I think those packs look great!

Thanks!

I

inkrediboy

inkrediboy, I think you've just sorted my problem of not being able to afford a full set of Givi's yet...! I think those packs look great!

Thanks!
I"m glad to give back - I struggled with this for sure. Its so nice when you hit the answer with a big freakin bullseye. Sometimes you make a purchase and you think, oh maybe I shoulda coulda, woulda got something else, with this one I nailed it brother. Definitely recommend these packs. They are freakin awesome.

As a matter of fact loading up my US-10 smaller pack - and about to leave the office. You won't be sorry, believe that.

Have a great day! I'm outies.

I

inkrediboy

where are the pics? :p
I got my pro camera at the shop - and just put them on last night. Did I mention how great they function? ha ha

I'll try and roll down to my pops house tomorrow and take some shots with the US-10 on it. Amazing what that little thing can hold - it expands quite nicely.

Do you use tail bags, tank bags, backpacks or hard containers for any commuting?

I

inkrediboy

The below in an excerpt from my reply on Yamaha R1 Forum to another rider this morning that was looking to do a simple 2 day weekend trip - thought I'd update you guys, might be some helpful knowlege if you guys are interested.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sup Drunk,

Well, I was initially going to recommend the US-20 - for just a weekender - that one is really a no brainer - its simpy ricidulous what you can pack in these things - but I wanted to see for you if the US-10 in its perfect small small form factor could be used in this application. When I stuffed them up the other night, I dont' think I used the full potential of the US-10's. Check this out!!!

US-10 tail bag - this is what I managed to pack inside it - I suprised even myself:

2 pairs of Levi Jeans - 2 full tshirts - 1 long sleeve thick cotton shirt - 2 pairs of socks - 2 boxers - deoderant - toothbrush - razor. WTF???? Mind you this was a lesson in the art of rolling and strategic positioning - but it works. IN additon, depending on your jacket - you could secure a jacket or sweater underneath the us-10 in between itself and the rear seat. Its small enough that it shouldn't move around too much if secured very tight and will hold itself and your jacket to the seat below. By default Kriega systems come with pretty long straps for a multitude of variation. To think, the bag I got for daily commuting can also tied me over an entire weekend is sick!!!!

Typically for a weekender - staying over night, you only need one true change of clothes for the next day as you are already wearing the clothes or full leathers on the first day of departure. Conclusion this 10 liter tailpack could handle you out there for 3 days very nicely packed like I did!!! A comfortable 3 dayer - all with a pack that has a footprint no larger than the rear seat itself.

You can't go wrong with these things - dam, I can't believe it holds that much, shiaat, now I know too!!!! With creative packing - I'm sure I could stretch storage capacity between the US-20-and two buckled US-10's on the sides to at least 10 days comfortable - that meaning clean clothes every day.

I highly recommend these things brother, and thank the R1-forum.com for showing me they were an option. No more excuses for me now - the endless open road awaits. You won't regret it - Hope this helps you.

Laterz,
Ink

Cloggy

That looks like a really smart tailbag, and waterproof to boot.
I got this tail bag recently, haven't used it yet (i'll be using it during my trip to England next weekend) then I'll post up my review. unfortunately it has seperate rain covers :( but once you strap the "holder" to the saddle all the bags just click on/off

I

inkrediboy

That looks like a really smart tailbag, and waterproof to boot.
I got this tail bag recently, haven't used it yet (i'll be using it during my trip to England next weekend) then I'll post up my review. unfortunately it has seperate rain covers :( but once you strap the \"holder\" to the saddle all the bags just click on/off
coooo.... let us know how those work out for you. The quick release clicks are nice, and they work great on these Kreiga's. clicks off the bike in seconds. Good feature to look for Cloggy :)

I just picked up some TCX rider boots from a shop out here this morning, and wore them home - my street skecher shoes, a water bottle, some packaging, cigarettes, and a wallet bundled all back up into that bag, and off i went.

Man, no backpack is something new for me, this is great!!!! I"m free!!!!!

Any other forum members with tail bags, or any type of storage solutions, including tank bags - post up yalls. It's trick to see what everyone else came up with for their own needs.

RA

B

Botch

Wussies! :rolleyes: 85 liters! ===>

To be fair, this'll be my camping setup, and half that volume holds just my size-13 hiking boots... :eek: (my neighbors tell me there's at least two videos on YouTube of me swinging my leg over this monstrosity...)

The Kriega looks cool for commuting; I've been using a backpack but like the idea of something attached to the bike. Hmm.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I

inkrediboy

Wussies! :rolleyes: 85 liters! ===>

To be fair, this'll be my camping setup, and half that volume holds just my size-13 hiking boots... :eek: (my neighbors tell me there's at least two videos on YouTube of me swinging my leg over this monstrosity...)

The Kriega looks cool for commuting; I've been using a backpack but like the idea of something attached to the bike. Hmm.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ha ha - jesus christ Botch!!!!!!!!! Holy cow!. That's what I wanted to see, what kind of crazy setups some of you have come up with. Whoa...

yeah, the commuting has been nice with a single US-10 liter pack. I"m throwing my backpack a retirement party tonight :) I am glad I got 40 liter combination between 3 packs - I'll have it when I need it.

80 liters is no joke!!! you go man!!

G

Gopher

Whoa! Thats gotta act like a great big parachute at speed!?

Ive price up some Kriega packs....just love the styling and how well they constructed! Prolly ordering in a couple of weeks...

I

inkrediboy

Whoa! Thats gotta act like a great big parachute at speed!?

Ive price up some Kriega packs....just love the styling and how well they constructed! Prolly ordering in a couple of weeks...
Hey Botch - what does it feel like going down the road. That's got to grab the wind pretty big like Gopher said, no???? Also - do you have any issues with the bags and straps being so low and parallel with your pipes and heat? For a combination setup - that does look a little much safety wise. How secure is it?

Gopher - Nice - you will dig them - and more importantly use them. Which one or one(s) are you thinking of getting?

B

Botch

Hey Botch - what does it feel like going down the road. That's got to grab the wind pretty big like Gopher said, no???? Also - do you have any issues with the bags and straps being so low and parallel with your pipes and heat? For a combination setup - that does look a little much safety wise. How secure is it?
I did a full writeup with other photos here: http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/product-reviews/8963-bags-connection-speedpack-tankbag-tentbag.html
I have had it out on the Interstate and I'm sure there's some extra drag, but I don't do 90 mph as some folks here regularly do. When I'm camping I'm usually taking the single-lane roads at a relaxed pace anyway. I pack it so all the heavy stuff is as low as possible, and nothing touches my pipes at all. I'm pretty happy with it.

O

ozzieboy

I'm think I'm feeling a little luggage envy:eek:...lol...I use a 22L Venturer seat bag (expandable and 22L is max) Ventura : Soft Motorcycle Touring Luggage, Hard Motorcycle Touring Luggage for my work bag. It's great for weekend rides too with a low profile and room for chain lube and visor wash and other essentials. I forgot to clip it on once for about 1km and got off when i parked and kicked it off the back so it is pretty well masked by my body...lol. Easy to clip on and off and the seat bra can be sat on. For trips away I need to get a tank bag 'cause the back is where my swag goes.

Attachments

G

Gopher

Gopher - Nice - you will dig them - and more importantly use them. Which one or one(s) are you thinking of getting?
Well, I'll be getting the R35 backpack as I will be able to use it to get stuff to and from work, aswell as when i travel a gruelling 350miles to my parents place a few times a year.

For that reason, i'll also be getting the US-20 for the tail. The thing I like so much about this gear, is firstly how well its made, but also the chance to attach things to each other to expand ur luggage. Think its some very clever thinking!

Biggest problem ive got atm, is waiting that 2 weeks before the temptation to buy overwhelmes me! lol

I

inkrediboy

Well, I'll be getting the R35 backpack as I will be able to use it to get stuff to and from work, aswell as when i travel a gruelling 350miles to my parents place a few times a year.

For that reason, i'll also be getting the US-20 for the tail. The thing I like so much about this gear, is firstly how well its made, but also the chance to attach things to each other to expand ur luggage. Think its some very clever thinking!

Biggest problem ive got atm, is waiting that 2 weeks before the temptation to buy overwhelmes me! lol
ha ha - yeah i'm with you Gopher - the want, online researching, the want, the risk of pulling the trigger for a purchase that feels final, and the want (did I mention the want) can become quite overwhelming. When I need a piece of gear I research it like a madman, and drive myself crazy. Borders on disorder. That feeling of risk, especially when the #1 choice for me was made in the UK - I was like should I or shouldn't I for 2 weeks as well. That R35 that you are getting looks teeeets, and from what I can see offers great conveniance and comfort. The US-20 will handle big storage needs like butter, I can tell you that for sure. The build quality (come on 10 year warranty!!!!) and engineering is everything that website claims and more when you see it in person.

Just today I did one of the oddest things. Rolling around with brother Poorwboy after a quick canyon type ride, we stopped and picked up some brews!!! at a gas station. I never thought about picking up a beer on my bike EVER. I started laughing about it outloud at the gas station when we exited, and came to the realization - dam, these Kriega's kick monkey ass. Tearing up the streets racing to his house - the whole time coming to grips that I had a gang of alchohol in my tail bag for a nice kick back garage session - totally something I never thought about on the bike. What freedom. The daily commuter permanently affixed to my seat is the US-10 Tailbag, and handled the above task like a champ. The US-20 and other US-10 bag I have are chilling. They will be there when I need to GO BIG. I'm going to have to get these guys to ride for a weekend session soon.

US-10:
Had a set of 2 gloves still in bulky store packaging, long sleeve thick sweater, a 32 ounce of bottled budweiser glass bottle, a tall 16 ounce can of budweiser, a pack of smokes, and a wallet nicely secured on the tail. Kreiga's expand like magic. No problemo. Those bags will look great on the back or your ride believe me. Congrats!!!

RA