Tail of the Dragon!

Bmon009

Well, a friend of mine was telling me about this trail that's suppose to have 318 turns in 11 miles. So i googled it and sure enough, it exist. As soon as the skies clear up, I'm going.

JonKerr

Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Tail of the dragon is supposed to be awesome. Alot of riders ride it from what I understand and alot of squids on gixxers and r6's and things ride it stupidly so be careful and have fun. I'd like to do that one someday:)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great place to ride for the scenery, but don't think that you will be able to ride it fast. I believe the speed limit is below 45 mph, and the local/state police patrol it heavily. Check out the video below for an account that happened as a guy was taping how many patrol cars were at the Tail, and the idiocy that ensues.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtykNMs6l6E&feature=related]YouTube - THP AT THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON - DEALS GAP[/ame]

WenMark

Did you get out of the ticket. You certainly had all you evidence there:)

OTTF

I haven't seen that many police officers in one place since the grand opening of Crispy Cream... :justkidding:

JonKerr

Elite Member

SilentT

Well, a friend of mine was telling me about this trail that's suppose to have 318 turns in 11 miles. So i googled it and sure enough, it exist. As soon as the skies clear up, I'm going.

Watch for the sheriff and other law. They have stepped up the patols and lowered the avg speed to 30 mph in most places

jdesiano1

I can say from personal experience (i live near there, don't hate:D) that it is easy to try and step it up for the cameras. Be careful. Don't get caught up in the hype. And it IS everything people make it out to be. The good the bad and the ugly. I still can't believe semis go through there.