T-Rex No Cut Frame Sliders - Installation Problems

Lefty

Hey everyone,
Just installed the right side of the T-Rex No Cut Frame Sliders, but the back big bolt looked like I was screwing it in on an angle, almost like I was cross-treading it, but it went it in all the way and it's tight, so I guess it's OK. Also the front big bolt didn't screw in all the way, it was 1/4 inch out, so I used two washers and now it's tight. I hate adding parts that didn't come with the kit, it makes me feel like I did something wrong.

Has anyone else had any problems installing the T-Rex No Cut Frame Sliders? If not, then it's me, lol.

Hopefully the left side goes better tomorrow.

Cheers.

Mountain Man

Yes, I had the same problem. One of the holes in the plate was not in the correct location. I determined which hole needed to be moved and used a round file to open it up. It took a while. (A milling machine would be of great help) After the hole was opened up, the bolt went down on the plate like it should. The left side went as it should. Good luck!

rjohnson5481

I had the problem of the bolt being too long.. what I did was put the wrong bolt on the wrong side.. I'm pretty sure the instructions were wrong. Or I'm retarded. Lol but did the old bolt come out sideways? If it didn't I would be easy and see of the threads on the bolt are jacked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Lefty

Yes, I had the same problem. One of the holes in the plate was not in the correct location. I determined which hole needed to be moved and used a round file to open it up. It took a while. (A milling machine would be of great help) After the hole was opened up, the bolt went down on the plate like it should. The left side went as it should. Good luck!
I was thinking the same thing (using my drill press to open one of the holes more), but after 30 minutes of fooling around (I put the big bolts in then the small bolts wouldn't catch on the threads, so I had to take the big bolts out again, alot of trail and error), but I was able to get all the bolts in by just barely getting the thread of ALL bolts to just catch (got this on the 10th try), then I tightened them up.

I had the problem of the bolt being too long.. what I did was put the wrong bolt on the wrong side.. I'm pretty sure the instructions were wrong. Or I'm retarded. Lol but did the old bolt come out sideways? If it didn't I would be easy and see of the threads on the bolt are jacked.
Crap, I hope I didn't put the wrong bolt in the wrong side, I don't want to take it off and do it all again, ugh. We'll see what happens tonight I guess with the left side. I didn't see if the old bolt came out sideways, but the new bolt when in on an angle (compared to the front bolt) and then I took it out and it looked OK, so I put it back in again.

Thanks for the replies, I'll post what happens with the left side this evening.

Cheers.

oh3z

Same problem here. Left side went on perfect. Right side, had to file out the forward bolt hole. kind of disappointing but I still think this is the best slider kit (best bracket design) for the 6R. I sent an email to t-rex to make them aware of this. They never replied, but anyone else with this problem please shoot them an email so they will correct this for our brethren in the future.

Lefty

The left side went on perfect, but the instructions were wrong. They said to use the 10x50 bolt in the front and the 10x44 bolt for the middle, but both bolts were 10x50 and they went in perfect.

I sent them an email with all this info, we'll see what happens.

Cheers.

rjohnson5481

The instructions i read talk about a coarse and fine threads which seemed easy but it was just too much, even after reading it 10 times. But hey if they're on then good, No sweat. :cool:

Lefty

they must have changed their specs. I just installed my new pair and they went on without a hitch :)
Interesting, cause they just sent me this kit on Aug 18th. Maybe I got an old batch.