T Rex Frame Sliders Review

latony007

Anyone had fitment issues. Got mine today and the 90 mm bolt won't even reach the threads in the case. Also the holes for the engine mount bolts don't seem to line up square.
negative, i had mine on in record time. I did read a post where they sent the wrong bolts for the kit. They make kits for so many bikes and each one needs a different bracket/bolt and they just messed one up. He eventually called them and they took very good care of him including getting him the correct pieces and giving him a partial refund he didnt ask for. Another thread asked me for close up pictures of mine and when i went to take them i noticed one of the little end caps had come off. I called them and they immediately sent me out 2 new ones and even threw in some red rings i had asked for. Customer service is excellent.

jammer

Got an email today asking for pictures of the problem and a length measurement on the bolt so I expect no problems getting it sorted out.

jammer

T Rex

Well it has been 4 days, 7 emails, and 2 unreturned phone calls and supposedly I will get the correct bolts for my frame sliders. Needless to say I am not happy. In the end since I had to tell them what to send I should have found the bolts on my own somewhere. Seems to be an isolated event from what other reviews say but first impression was terrible. Honestly I wont be a repeat customer.
:mad:

latony007

Well it has been 4 days, 7 emails, and 2 unreturned phone calls and supposedly I will get the correct bolts for my frame sliders. Needless to say I am not happy. In the end since I had to tell them what to send I should have found the bolts on my own somewhere. Seems to be an isolated event from what other reviews say but first impression was terrible. Honestly I wont be a repeat customer.
:mad:
wow, thats a bummer. Cant believe you had that much trouble. I just had them send me new end caps and when i got them i thought they were the wrong ones so i told them they sent the wrong set and to send another, which they did. Turned out to be the same pair and after more investigation realized it was the right ones in the first place, my bad.

jammer

:bsflag:And the saga continues still no hardware. Thinking about using them as coat hangers and ordering some Shoguns.

latony007

hmm, i don't get that. They had my caps out in 24 hours. Maybe they are out of a particular bolt or something? Seems as though their problem is and this is just a guess, that they have buckets of bolts of different sizes and a check list for every different type of bike so when an order comes through they assemble all the bolts for that particular bike and whoever is doing that is screwing up. I had no problems with mine though. have they offered you any partial refund or anything?

jammer

:confused:Nope. Made no offers whatsoever. Is the team Yamaha bike different in some way other than color? Was just looking at TB exhaust and the website said it wouldn't fit Team Yamaha sub model.

latony007

:confused:Nope. Made no offers whatsoever. Is the team Yamaha bike different in some way other than color? Was just looking at TB exhaust and the website said it wouldn't fit Team Yamaha sub model.
i have never heard of that.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Maybe the site isn't updated for 2014 models. There were no mechanical changes to any models since the first model in 2009.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
have you heard of a team yamaha sub model? like maybe a special edition or something?

jammer

Mine is a 2013. Struck me as odd.

latony007

Mine is a 2013. Struck me as odd.
what i saw on the internet is that the color is called team yamaha blue. as we thought there is no different models of the fz6r that i can see (except california vs. non california) since its release in 2009.

jammer

:soapbox:Finally got the sliders on. T Rex tried but ended up having to get the hardware at a local vendor. Was treated poorly in my opinion. I never even got an apology, only an oops my bad kinda attitude.