Stunts, stunts, and more stunts

mchury

Anyone got any good pics or video of some stunting action on the wonderful FZ6R? If so lets see it. Ill start things off with a still shot from my video

travstoll

awww come on nowl. thats my video lol. there gotta be someone else out there thats doin some stuntin on these bike.
;) ... I have looked b4 too. It just came out a little over a year ago, and isn't a very popular bike yet...give it some time....or give me a few months....I'll make a video by the end of the season....

mchury

;) ... I have looked b4 too. It just came out a little over a year ago, and isn't a very popular bike yet...give it some time....or give me a few months....I'll make a video by the end of the season....
Cant wait to see it bro. Becareful tho, that stuffs fun as hell but can bite you in the ass real quik. i am gonna try to get another one out 2 wit a few diff stunts on it. Just gotta wait for all this damn snow to melt up here in PA

travstoll

Cant wait to see it bro. Becareful tho, that stuffs fun as hell but can bite you in the ass real quik. i am gonna try to get another one out 2 wit a few diff stunts on it. Just gotta wait for all this damn snow to melt up here in PA
No worries...I gota take it slow. I just sorta learned how to do wheelies...I shit can't get over that "O SH*T" factor when the front end comes up...It's a work in progress, and hopefully by the end of the season I can at least do a respectable wheelie.

mchury

No worries...I gota take it slow. I just sorta learned how to do wheelies...I shit can't get over that "O SH*T" factor when the front end comes up...It's a work in progress, and hopefully by the end of the season I can at least do a respectable wheelie.
i am far from good at doing them but i can ride one a lil ways. One thing for sure is practice (in a non public area)lol makes perfect.

Craxican

No one will video me :(...i can hit em...still working on riding them out for more than a few seconds...but havent been able to practice do to the cold...o well...soon :)

mchury

yea i know how you feel i would be happy if it gets to 45. ill bundle up and go. i just cant take all the water from the melting snow. that damn bike is hard enough to keep clean when its dry out.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

travstoll

I'm not much of a stunter, the occasional accidental wheelie (and thank God no accidental stoppies).

I was watching Jason Britton's show one night when they were down in Mexico, or somewhere down South, and his buddy was on a "loaner" bike. He was pulling 1-3 second wheelies down the road, then did a 5-10 second one and blew oil (think, HOT) all over his leg... supposedly the bike was modified for stunts, Jason said he would only do stunts on his bike 'cause he knew it was ready.... and said he'd seen the results of bikes blowing oil all out....

So just a warning... our bike isn't prepped for stunts, the front shocks aren't "stunt ready" and I'm sure the oil system isn't either.

PLEASE make sure you do research before even thinking about it.
I saw that show. He has done that a few times, but the bike I think you are thinking of was the ducati hypermotard. That engine is especially vulnerable to running dry on oil because of the way the engine is setting in the chassis. When the front end comes up, that front cylinder is now facing upwards, and gets starved of oil.

Our bikes are fine to pull wheelies on and not be worried about blowin something. I definitely wouldn't keep it on the back wheel for 30 seconds, but 5-10 second spurts shouldn't hurt the engine. If you are worried though, its fine to over fill with a little more oil to compensate.

arodhr13

Are your guys fz6rs modified? ie.gears,exhaust,ect....
or are the stock just wondering if mine will stand up i have the twobros exhaust and juice box but nothing else like sprockets thanks for any replies.:D:D:D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Craxican

I have mods...pcIV, autotune, sprocket swap (-1/+2)...although I didnt really do the sprocket swap to stunt...but it does help me hit them slower...ask mchury for some tips...he helped me...:wav:

travstoll

m so if you've done a few mods, you'll have no problems.
ya, as soon as I installed my flush-mounts, i noticed a big difference in power, the bike didn't want to keep the front wheel on the ground....and now after my bar end mirrors, the bike is a wheelie machine!

:justkidding:

my bike is all stock power wise though, not sprocket change, no exhaust. I don't know that I would want to change the sprockets....This bike needs all the top end it can get.

mchury

Are your guys fz6rs modified? ie.gears,exhaust,ect....
or are the stock just wondering if mine will stand up i have the twobros exhaust and juice box but nothing else like sprockets thanks for any replies.:D:D:D
The only mods i have on my bike are cosmetic. She is all stock, performance wise. This bike has plenty of power to do stunts. The ol saying is true; practice makes perfect. Just be careful when practicing. oh and if you have any questions or need help with some techniques, just let me know.

travstoll

The only mods i have on my bike are cosmetic. She is all stock, performance wise. This bike has plenty of power to do stunts. The ol saying is true; practice makes perfect. Just be careful when practicing. oh and if you have any questions or need help with some techniques, just let me know.
What gears and rpm's are you clutching up at in your vid....maybe a little walk through specific to this might help since it has a higher rpm range where wheelies take place that most 600's

mchury

What gears and rpm's are you clutching up at in your vid....maybe a little walk through specific to this might help since it has a higher rpm range where wheelies take place that most 600's
For a sit down wheelie, i start out in first gear doin about 15-20 mph. Pull in the clutch, Get the rpms up to around 6500-7000 dump it and pull back. This take alot of practice because it isnt comfertable coming up that quik the first few times. Then when i start running out of gear in 1st, i power shift into second. Which means shifting without the clutch. Then you ride it out and repeat into 3rd if you chose.

For stand up wheelies, I start in second gear, doin about 35-40 mph. Pull the clutch, get it to about 7000-7500,and dump it. You gotta lean your weight to the back to get it to the balance point, then center yourself. Once again i ride 2nd out, usually to about 78 mph, then powershift into 3rd and go from there.

NO ONE I MEAN NO ONE SHOULD TRY ANY OF THIS UNLESS THEY ARE CONFIDENT THEY CAN DO THIS WITH OUT GETTING HURT. THESE ARE VERY DANGEROUS THINGS TO DO AND SHOULDNT BE TRIED AT ALL.(had to cover my ass lol)

porky45

my bike is all stock power wise though, not sprocket change, no exhaust. I don't know that I would want to change the sprockets....This bike needs all the top end it can get.
If you change the sprockets you don't lose top end power (actually feels like you gain power). You gain quickness and lose overall top speed. Stock bike with the -1/+2 sprocket swap and speedohealer put me at about 115mph around 12k. Much easier to get the front end off the ground as well.

mchury

If you change the sprockets you don't lose top end power (actually feels like you gain power). You gain quickness and lose overall top speed. Stock bike with the -1/+2 sprocket swap and speedohealer put me at about 115mph around 12k. Much easier to get the front end off the ground as well.
that is a hell of a drop tho. my top speed so far has been 141. that was 6th gear rev limiter. im just glad i can do the wheelies without the sprocket change because i also like to go fast to.:rockon: