Stiff ride

pfcreed

Got on the expressway yesterday night just to see how the headlights hold up in the dark. I started my ride with a little bit of a headache but by the time was done my head was killing me. The speed limit here is 75 and I did that, maybe even 80 in some places. The ride was really stiff at about 70 and kinda took the enjoyment out of it for me. I plan on riding for about 200 miles on that same expressway in a week and was hoping there was something I could do to give it a softer ride. I weigh 240 lbs. Ive never adjusted the springs and I dont do anything on the bike besides ride it, Im not taking any aggressive turns or twisties or anything like that. Any recomendations?

raybob

240lbs? You should consider setting the rear spring at 5 or 6. This will make it stiffer, but less likely to bottom out when you hit the expansion joints, which is where the whack to your spine is occurring.

Wear ear plugs.

Stay hydrated. It is hot as hades, ladies.

Bob

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

240lbs? You should consider setting the rear spring at 5 or 6. This will make it stiffer, but less likely to bottom out when you hit the expansion joints, which is where the whack to your spine is occurring.

Wear ear plugs.

Stay hydrated. It is hot as hades, ladies.

Bob
cannot emphasize this enough. during my track day we had a guy go off course, probably due to dehydration. you don't want to "run off" on public roadways :(

stuna

Got on the expressway yesterday night just to see how the headlights hold up in the dark. I started my ride with a little bit of a headache but by the time was done my head was killing me. The speed limit here is 75 and I did that, maybe even 80 in some places. The ride was really stiff at about 70 and kinda took the enjoyment out of it for me. I plan on riding for about 200 miles on that same expressway in a week and was hoping there was something I could do to give it a softer ride. I weigh 240 lbs. Ive never adjusted the springs and I dont do anything on the bike besides ride it, Im not taking any aggressive turns or twisties or anything like that. Any recomendations?
maybe its the opposite at 230 the front was way to soft , so if your bottoming out it will be . very a harsh ride . http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/racetech-fork-mod-18877/

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

pfcreed

Just an update: so I adjusted the shock from a 3 to a 4 just to see the difference and I did immediate notice a difference, I went on that same exact ride except this time my teeth weren't chattering. I did get a lot of wind buffer but the speed limit is 75 here and I was on the expressway. Tomorrow I might adjust it to 5 and take another ride to see if that's the magic spot or should I should just keep it at 4. I did see a cool thunder storm way off in the distance very nice show from mother nature.