starting problem

rsx2002

i just installed my r6 headers put in a k and filter and have an hmf r6 exhaust system. i have the pcv installed and have the autotune. everything ran great. however i put everything back together put my plastics on and started the bike it ran for like 3 mins if that and just shut off.. now my bike wont even start. it just cranks and cranks and crack it may kick over once or twice but it wont start.. what could be the problem anyone have this problem yet ? pleas help

KADO

Sounds like it may not be grounded all the way. Have u checked to make sure that the PC V is grounded?

rsx2002

ya everything is grounded correctly. i had the bike started before i put the plastics back on..from putting the plastics on and starting it back up was less then 20 mins. its started up ran for like 2 mins then jsut shut off now it wont start....i didnt think it could be flooded but is that a possibility cause i can kinda smell fuel comin from the tail pipe...idk what else is would be if it started before now it dont..something dont add up...its ran ever since i put everything on...just after i put on the plastics it wont start ha..

FitZ6R

Where are ya in PA?

KADO

what color lights show up on the power commander module when u try and start the bike?

KADO

green and the red blinks then goes out
I found this on the power commander website:
The bike is starting and then dying with the ignition module plugged in.

Make sure that the ignition module is communicating with the bike by showing a green indicator light on the front of the module once the bike is started. If the light is red, connections may need to be checked. The module should show green as soon as the bike is running which will show communication with the bike. Reloading firmware may also help.

rsx2002

well when i plug the pcv in everything is been read right when i hit the starter the rpm and duty % changes on the computer so i know everything is working correctly im just tryin to think of how its gettin flooded ?

KADO

The only thing that I can thing of is that the connectors to the injectors by the fuel rail may be faulty or something of that nature but I could be completely wrong.

rsx2002

idk either the bike only has 18 miles on it any if never really went anywhere but up and down the road in front of my house and its been runnin since i put the plastics on it today ha...so maybe i pinched something who knows im goin to try soomething its not making any sense

Craxican

Do you have your autotune activated and a switch hooked so you can toggle it? Not quite what happened with me, but once my autotune was installed I had a problem with my bike shutting off while I was riding until the autotune kicked in and started adjusting the fuel ratios...also had smelled fuel, but it was not very strong...be careful though...i was actually running lean until the tune adjusted correctly...but I also don't have any special exhaust...I have the stock...

Other things to try, reload your zero map and your stock map to give the auto tuner something to start with...try starting the bike with the auto tune disabled and see what happens, then with the auto tune enabled...the with the auto tune enabled but off, and the enabled and on. It took about a day before the kinks were worked out of mine but I actually got to ride with it for most of that day. Let me know whats up...

fz6rwolf

I lived in Clarion when I was a kid, beautiful area. Would hate to drive that road going down to and up from that bridge in snow. lol

rsx2002

everything seems to be right had a guy from power commander look at it.. im goin to have to rip it apart and check the plugs..cause i got blueish white smoke rolling out of the exhaust when its cranking so it floodin out big time...i unpluged the pcv and put the stock plugs together...does anyone know how to get to the plugs do i have to take off the air box or what do i gotta do to get to them

cavcuz05

as i stated in my thread...i got a dyno tune...the guy looked in depth at ratios every 1000 rpms i believe and adjusted my tune around that ... my bike run superior...i just wish i could get it out for a test drive...im still waiting to pick it up from the guy due to the bad weather