Sprocket change help plz

Domiano

Hey i wanna be able to accelerate faster, on my 2013 fz6r. Also wanting to try and start to wheelie if the bike will be able to. People tell me i should go with a -1/2+ sprocket, i guess Im hoping for a better answer than "i think" lol any suggestions would be appreciated

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ReChUcK

I ride with a +1 front sprocket and still managed to accidentally wheelie during a brief road rage mistake...smashed my balls so hard against the tank I almost puked in my helmet.

Sprockets aren't too difficult to change, so try the -1 front first and if it is still not enough then add the +2 rear.

Wheelies aren't for 'tards! They are amazing displays of control and skill. Just do 'em in a safe place where you do not risk hurting anyone else.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BzB

don't know anything about sprockets, but if modding for the sake of faster aceel or wheelies...make sure you're not putting anyone else in danger first and foremost.

also the fz6r is a relatively heavy bike. power wheelies are easy with right mods, but it's not the best machine for shenanigans. the fz07 and fz09 are better suited because they're so light. the fz6r almost makes those bikes feel like toys.

Domiano

Let me rephrase lol, im just looking to ride a nice power wheelie lol.

I installed Marthys Dyi Exhaust kit so i have a exhaust(Sounds great btw), not sure how to install the maps or anything he sent me tho, could use some help on that and also enabiling the acceleration pump PCV. I assume i would have to buy like a power commander or somthing, but i probably wont do tht lol

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BluePill

Wanna wheelie?

Get a Grom!

Disclaimer: That IS NOT ME in the photo!

OK, now that I busted your stones, here's some nice wallpaper for your monitor...........

Last edited: