Spool Adapters?

Ricenoodle

So reading all the threads on spool adapters, seems like the T-Rex spool adapters are a popular choice considering they're no modding involved, just bolt and go. I'm considering these [ame=http://www.amazon.com/6mm-Swingarm-Spools-Yamaha-FZ6R/dp/B004MJFS0M/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383864020&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=fz6r+spool+adapter]Amazon.com: 6mm Swingarm Spools for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R6s FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R - 6 mm Swing arm Slider Spools by GPI Industries: Everything Else[/ame] . Any advice against them? do i have to drill into the swingarm in order to use these. I'm also considering the T-rex but these are cheaper but if i have to drill then that's a deal breaker. Do the T-Rex ones still have the issue where you still have to file them down? Any one got any new batch lately? Thanks in advance guys.

faseljd

looks like you need the T-Rex or something similar as there are no pre-drilled/tapped holes in swingarm

ajones70

I have the trex ones. Very sturdy, solid, excellent quality and well worth the extra money. No drilling or filing down needed. Its pretty much like a bracket that goes on both sides and a bolt holds them together. I bought them in August or Sept. They are awesome and look great too. Im sure you will like them.

Attachments

Last edited:

VRIIClubby

damn, trex website says the spools are out of stock :(

ajones70

damn, trex website says the spools are out of stock :(
Yes you have to watch the site closely. They do tend to sell out fast. But well worth the wait!:D

roundhouse

i have the T-rex spool adapters and they are great. pretty easy to install and work great. only prob was i had to cut my hugger a little but all else was simple

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member