Special Offers getting less Special

RoadTrip

Well,

I had been considering an R6 as an upgrade right near the end of Yamaha's most recent sales event, but the dealer was holding on tight - so, just checked on the new sales event, yep, customer cash has gone down - only offering $300 on both R6 and FZ6R's '10's and '09's (more like 500-750 before).

Even Suzuki was offering 1.9% on all models a few months ago, now only offered on select models now, and dealer's are anticipating all 1.9% offers to be gone by end of July.

Well, it seems the manufacturers are finally depleting the pre-recession inventories, and are moving to a low inventory - full price approach. Been seeing the same change at auto dealers over past couple of years as well.

Get the deals while you can, but who knows, they may improve again in the off season.

Harda toenail

In the end they are all part of a big business trying to make as much money as they can with the biggest mark-ups possible. I think that until the economy shapes up (I don't see ow it can) that you should buy used or be happy with what you have.

ksanbon

In the end they are all part of a big business trying to make as much money as they can with the biggest mark-ups possible.
Being the riding season, this is their best opportunity to maximize profits. The best time to buy is late fall & winter.