Sound impact de-cat exhaust on XJ6

DutchXJ6DivF

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but want to do a Exhaust full system swap with a 200/230mm Black Widow Exhaust. Noticed they all are De-Cat systems and wanted to know what the impact of de-catting my exhaust is (soundwise). I don't want my exhaust to be too loud to be stopped by police and my bike being disaproved. This would result in me needing to put back on the stock exhaust and going for inspection en re-approval of my motorbike in the Netherlands.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer your question but would suggest you contact the manufacturer of the exhaust to see if they have any data on how loud their systems are when installed. When I was looking at putting a LeoVince exhaust on my bike, I contacted them, and if I remember correctly, they provided numbers (in decibels) showing their system vs stock at idle and at 5k rpm. Their system also de-cats the bike, and the numbers were with the DB killer installed. I bought the system but run it without the DB killer because I like the sound better and we don't have the same noise limitations here in Pennsylvania.