Somebody help me to import a part to Brazil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Hey guys,

I recently figured out that the left side panel on my bike is broken (A plastic piece on the XJ6N, like a wing, it hides the radiator and is attached to the fuel tank). I don't know how it happened. Anyway, I quoted this parts here in Brazil, and it is too expensive (As always), 250 brazilian reals, something like 150 american dolars! I used to import OEM parts for my previous bike, normally from the USA (Even with shipping, it used to be half of the brazilian price). But since the XJ6 naked is not availble in USA, and this part is not interchangeable with faired version, i think i won't be able to find it in USA...:( What makes my search more difficult... Does anybody have this part or know some dealer who exports? From my parts catalogue, the part number is 20S–2171E–00–P0 or 20S–2171E–00–P1, i don't know why there are 2 different codes... I'm not sure if i've made it clear, sorry for my english then.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno

CDN6R

Bruno:: I think that you are going to find it tough to get parts for a XJ6 from anyone here in North America. As you know those bike are not avaliable here in N.A. at all. You can get XJ6's in England,Europe,Australia so I assume that those are the places where you will have to look for an exporter of XJ6 parts. Good luck. Laurie

Bruno

Bruno:: I think that you are going to find it tough to get parts for a XJ6 from anyone here in North America. As you know those bike are not avaliable here in N.A. at all. You can get XJ6's in England,Europe,Australia so I assume that those are the places where you will have to look for an exporter of XJ6 parts. Good luck. Laurie
Yeah, i know. Thanks anyway... I mean, there are people all around world here, right? So, if someone can help, i appreciate!

Bruno

I've just got a quote from a dealer in Portugal. Price: 58,47 (Euros) + Shipping: 48 (Euros) = Total: 106,47 (Euros). The price is fine, but i think the shipping is expensive!

ajiribarren

Bruno, how big is the part for the XJ6n? Australian shipping is kinda expensive but if I can help you out...

Bruno

Bruno, how big is the part for the XJ6n? Australian shipping is kinda expensive but if I can help you out...
It is a plastic fairing... Let's say if it were a triangle, the sides would be like 30cm or so...It should be very light though (Like 800g, i dont know)... It is much easier to find online parts for bikes sold in USA. I've found parts for the FZ6R and if the part was for the engine or chassis i wouldn't have this problem! But anyway, it would be great if you could help me! Australia would be great... The part number is 20S–2171E–00–P0 or 20S–2171E–00–P1, there are these 2 numbers on my parts catalogue...

ajiribarren

Ok Bruno, today is friday midnight here. I'm going to my dealership on monday to have my bike looked in, and I'll tell them to give me an estimate.

I just looked into the Australia Post, and the shipping is between 45 and 70 AUD. quite expensive I know... I have the same issues when I send a parcel to Venezuela.

Cheers

Bruno

Ok Bruno, today is friday midnight here. I'm going to my dealership on monday to have my bike looked in, and I'll tell them to give me an estimate.

I just looked into the Australia Post, and the shipping is between 45 and 70 AUD. quite expensive I know... I have the same issues when I send a parcel to Venezuela.

Cheers
Let's see how much it will be! But thanks a lot anyway! Here in Rio de Janeiro is still 11:08 AM!:)

B

bullfinchgold

hope can help

Hey guys,

I recently figured out that the left side panel on my bike is broken (A plastic piece on the XJ6N, like a wing, it hides the radiator and is attached to the fuel tank). I don't know how it happened. Anyway, I quoted this parts here in Brazil, and it is too expensive (As always), 250 brazilian reals, something like 150 american dolars! I used to import OEM parts for my previous bike, normally from the USA (Even with shipping, it used to be half of the brazilian price). But since the XJ6 naked is not availble in USA, and this part is not interchangeable with faired version, i think i won't be able to find it in USA...:( What makes my search more difficult... Does anybody have this part or know some dealer who exports? From my parts catalogue, the part number is 20S–2171E–00–P0 or 20S–2171E–00–P1, i don't know why there are 2 different codes... I'm not sure if i've made it clear, sorry for my english then.

Thanks in advance,

Bruno
Hi , maybe you can search in China , it is much more inconvenience then in Brzil , I think . Hope can be helped.

meganiimarie

I can look around for the part here in Italy. If I can find it on the economy I could ship it to you flat rate USPS directly (I think...)

I'm still at work right now, but I could give you an update later tonight once I have some time to check on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.