So whats the deal!?!?!?!

B

blaxx

A girl bike.....whateva!

What do you expect from a sportbike forum?

It doesn't matter what anyone else's opinion is, get what YOU want. The FZ6R does what it's supposed to do for it's targeted buyers.

Hope it works out well for you, I can say I love me FZ6R! :) And I'm glad I did not get a 150 hp crotch rocket. Some of the minor mistakes I've made while learning the proper technique for the clutch, probably would have ended up placing me in a hospital bed with one of those high power monsters, with the FZ6R, the power is quite manageable, so it's a more forgiving bike to us newbs, but it will go quite quickly if you wish, just twist the throttle!

C

CanadianFZ6

For Starters... (differences from an FZ6)

Just for girls...:cheer:
1) Lower seat height
2) Less power 78hp vs 98hp for an FZ6
3) Cheaper swingarm (I am sure other componts as well)
4) Fruity colours
:D

Attachments

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Big bike Little d#$k

O-turn

Partier
Who cares? Buy the bike you want. Like wrightme said, they are not taking care of their women, if they even have one.

S

Stumbles06

Forget what jerks say and go for it. As has already been said, go for it if you want it. There are idiots in every crowd, (the link you put up doesn't work for me, but I get the idea).

Personally, I think the FZ6R in the white is perfect for a female rider.

:thumbup:

reiobard

Database error The database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.sportbikes.net home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.sportbikes.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

C

CanadianFZ6

Well surely we should all ask them what THEY think we should get, then they can go out and buy us one!!! We all wanna be like mike!:rockon:
Yamaha is obviously going to dump the FZ6 or re-vamp it... But for now, why buy a FZ6R when a FZ6 (and all of it's superior attributes) is just a fraction more expensive... To me, it just doesn't make economic sense to buy the down-graded FZ6R... beginner bike, girls bike or not...:thumbup:

xplodnstar

They don't really seem to know what they are talking about. Yamaha produced this bike for a market of beginning riders, many of whom are women. They are trying to entice more women into riding by offering a bike they can handle with some color/graphics options they will like. Our male riders just like the handling and control offered as well as the more comfortable riding position. And honestly, I don't see a guy on a naked bike nearly as sexy as a guy with a shiny fully fared bike. :drool:

These guys are comparing the bikes like anyone can just jump on an R1 and be off. I have a limited inseam that only allows me 3 sport bikes to ride. I already had the 250 and I'm ready to move on. The Kawi 650 is nice, but I think the center of gravity is too high. The FZ6R is the best fit with some oomf and a pretty paint job.

Those boys just wish that a manufacturer would take as much pride and care in designing a bike that set them apart. Instead they can ride their Gixers like everyone else and be jealous. :p""

O-turn

Partier
Yamaha is obviously going to dump the FZ6 or re-vamp it... But for now, why buy a FZ6R when a FZ6 (and all of it's superior attributes) is just a fraction more expensive... To me, it just doesn't make economic sense to buy the down-graded FZ6R... beginner bike, girls bike or not...:thumbup:
Who cares?

You ride your bike we will ride ours. Call it what you want, I like it and thats really all that matters to me. :thumbup:

L

LERecords

girls bike.. fyi, before the fz6r was out, they said the fz6 was a girls bike.. but those words usually come from someone who rides a 1000cc in a tshirt and flipflops.. they call other bikes girl bikes, while EVERYONE else calls them a squid..

if you like it, then thats all that matters..

xplodnstar

jdesiano1

I didn't buy the fz6 because I can't stand naked bikes and i fell in love with the color scheme. I don't think I got the short end of any deal. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

G

goker

Although I would not buy the white one for myself :) I don't think R is bad looking bike. Just get what you like and feel comfortable with.

L

LERecords

Although I would not buy the white one for myself :) I don't think R is bad looking bike. Just get what you like and feel comfortable with.
exactly.. i see to many of these "kids" buying bikes cuz thier friend has the same thing.. and its obvious they dont need and r1 ;)... i bought mine because i was talked out of the r6 and always tell everyone looking to look at the fz6 cuz it truly does everythign you can think of.. besides, you can always mod it to get exactly what YOU want..

Ooter

I've responded to this on this forum before, but I'll bite again :)

I agree - Yamaha is going to dump the FZ6 - I do not expect to see it as a 2010 model. In fact, my dealer did not even get any 2009 FZ6 bikes in stock this year - they only got FZ6Rs. So that made my decision easy as there were no FZ6s in my area when I was purchasing a bike.

Also, I prefer, as do a lot of other people, a fully faired bike. That means that my offerings from Yamaha around 600cc are the R6 and the FZ6R. Since I don't have the desire to shave seconds off of my lap time (read: commute to work), and I want to be comfortable while I ride, the FZ6R was an obvious choice.

I am absolutely loving this bike, and I'm not sure I'd be happier with a 2009 FZ6 (if I could even find one).

V

VEGASRIDER

In my opinion, the FZ6R is more of an introductory/beginners bike for those who wants a new 600cc bike. There is no such thing as a girls bike unless it's pink.

There has been many heated debates on this forum whether members should purchase a FZ6 as their first bike. With the FZ6R, I believe there is no reason why they shouldn't as long as they are aware and don't mind all of the "Hall of Shame" moments that come with owning a bike.

I think it's a great bike, and wise for Yamaha to come up with this model. However, I am greatly dissapointed that they just didn't come up with a new model or call it a R6R, and leave the FZ6 the way it was, more of an intermediate level bike. To me, the new FZ6R is more similar to an R6 than it is to a FZ6 with the full fairing, and side exhaust. Regardless, I will always remind new riders who are looking for brand new bike with limited or no riding experience, to seriously look into the new FZ6R as an option.