So what's everybody's hobbies (besides bikes)

AngryAnt

Ok guys, I've seen the "So what's everybody's job" thread pop-up again and again on the forums, so I'm going to attempt to start a new one.

Tell us information about what you do in your spare time when you're not riding or working on your ride, maybe even share some pics of your hobby (if its something shareable). I'll start off.

--------------------------------
I'm into amateur photography. I got into basically after ogling photography competitions and the interesting artistic things people came up with. I own a Canon T3i DSLR and 50-250mm IS/50mm prime/18-55mm kit lenses. I tend toward Macro (pictures of really tiny things) and Astrophotography (night time sky pictures). I'd like to eventually work my way up to a high end telescope to take pictures of celestial objects. I just got a new camera sling bag and I hope to use my new 6R to ride the country side and look for interesting photography subjects.

Some of my images can be found at my flickr account.

Also, I'm into computer programming, although I don't do much of it during my free time lately as I do plenty at work. I mostly do .Net based development, although I've dabbed in C,C++,PHP,C#,VB,Objective C, iPad programming, 3D graphics, physics engines, java, and a lot of other odds and ends.

I would like to get into electronics to do basic mods to my camera (and bike), but so far I'm still reading the "theory" part of intro to electronics books.

CrazyCawi

Call of duty black ops and college!!!

CrazyCawi

free for all is when your friends arent on at 230am....
I play hardcore bombs and hardcore tdm.

CrazyCawi

Here u go

I also am into photography. I have a nikon d50 dslr, and the entire adobe 11 suite. I used to design websites and do graphic design for a living. I also love the gym but recently havent had much time for it.

Spitfire

Photography, PS3 (COD), PC (building/repair/playing), Bowling (leagues), College (very soon)... thats basically it...

Photography : Canon EOS Rebel Xs (few lenses, too much to mention)

PS3 : Spitfire (in COD I enjoy CTF or anything with objectives, I love defending (not very into S&D))

PC : Always built my comp, never bought full set. Going to school to get my BA in Computer Science.

Bowling : Avg 213, haven't bowled in a while, want to start it up again. Won some big money 2 years ago on league...

College : Finishing my AA (will be done soon), starting on BA ASAP hopefully @ FIT (Florida Institute of Technology)

CrazyCawi

is ur average with handicap? lol I suck I can barely break 200 on my best games, I always had handicap in my league haha

Spitfire

Same here for the gym. I also own the cs5 adobe suite... love it... I also used to work on music/editing. Loved to take gaming trailers online and redo the audio =)

I'd need to see some real stats to compare to anything =P Whats your k/d ratio / time played? ;) It's unfortunate that you're on Xbox... I used to play HC but then quit and recently came back and starting @ reg for a while... I'm on 5th prestige I think lol... that or 6th...

Spitfire

lol I never had handicap... had to be below 180 to have handicap in my league... It was a huge league, 32 lanes filled with 5 bowlers per lane, $21/wk, 32 weeks... We finished 3rd and walked out with $1400 + $400 on the last day with the shootout... each... it was nice =]

Spitfire

Dude I wish you lived near me lol... I'd LOVE to take my camera and just go out on the bike looking for nice scenes... I was saying in an earlier post on a different thread that I wished there were roads where I am like Palomar where I could set up camp on the side and take awesome pics...

CrazyCawi

Same here for the gym. I also own the cs5 adobe suite... love it... I also used to work on music/editing. Loved to take gaming trailers online and redo the audio =)

I'd need to see some real stats to compare to anything =P Whats your k/d ratio / time played? ;) It's unfortunate that you're on Xbox... I used to play HC but then quit and recently came back and starting @ reg for a while... I'm on 5th prestige I think lol... that or 6th...
k/d is 1.14 time played 21 days and some change, and I never played regualr, Im also 13th presitge, didnt start prestiging until 14 days into gameplay.

Spitfire

k/d is 1.14 time played 21 days and some change, and I never played regualr, Im also 13th presitge, didnt start prestiging until 14 days into gameplay.

geez... my k/d is 1.67 but I don't play free-for-all... Only have 5 days played also... j00r crazy lol...

It was funny after the playstation network got back online after being down for over a month, most of the kids forgot their login info cause it's automatic so there are million users that had to start over lol... talk about dedication!

Fenixgoon

my car
soccer (i played on 9 rec teams in the spring. i was busy :D)
computers
computer games (league of legends mostly, as well as some single player titles)

Sage

Xbox - Mostly MW2 since we all got tired of black ops for the most part and been slowly playing LA Noire

Photography - Got a Canon T1i with a EF-S 55-250m, EFS 60mm macro, EFS 18055mm, EF 70-300mm, and EF 50mm ( 2 of the lenses are my moms, but hey, she never uses them >.>)......God I love photography lol
Here is some of the pictures that I've done and edited
||
\/
Spoots2013 on deviantART

Theatre Mode of Recent Uploads

Last edited:

Crocop43

in my spare time i do alot of martial arts, i have trained with ufc fighter brandon vera and mackens semrizer. i am a brown belt in jiu jitsu and currently compete on the usmc boxing team. i was gonna add a link ooff youtube of me boxing but i accidentally put up the wrong one....cant find the other...ill get it from my friend and ill post it up here

ALSO in some COD black ops...of course

Last edited:

Spitfire

in my spare time i do alot of martial arts, i have trained with ufc fighter brandon vera and mackens semrizer. i am a brown belt in jiu jitsu and currently compete on the usmc boxing team.

ALSO in some COD black ops...of course
I'd like to fight you just so I could see how fast you could kick my butt... For some reason that intrigues me :D:D

Last edited:

Crocop43

I'd like to fight you just so I could see how fast you could kick my butt... For some reason that intrigues me :D:D
yeah i didnt do so well in that one thats why i took it down...lol

Dunkirk

Photography as well. 4 pretty girls at home to take pictures of (wife + 3 daughters). Camera yet another Canon - the T1i. Loves this camera's clarity at high ISOs.
12 years of amateur Photoshop tinkering, but since getting my iMac, man, I don't need most of my skills anymore.

Digging pixels from low exposure pics + iMac = only need flash for situations where the light's truly difficult to balance. I love photographing without the flash, but still carry the 5 year old 430 around for some shots.

Non-IS Tamron lens has been a faithful companion.

Crocop43

yeah i won but i took some good shots myself haha...it happens that was awhile ago. id like to say i improved since , but who knows. lol