So this has been my morning...

Chevyfazer

Last night my dad called me asking if I could go have his chain replaced by my buddy (told him about my bike) while he was outta town. So like a good son I said sure, been awhile since I've rode a vstrom and was looking forward to it. So I got up a hr early to ride to his house and pick up his bike, and in the process of being half awake I let my dog out the wrong gate so I had to chase him in my boxers for about 15min... Lovely

A little irked and late I headed on over to get his bike, and when I hopped on the strom the aggravation disappeared. It was like meeting a old girlfriend again that had a bad ending but a great beginning. Some of y'all might know what I'm talking about, ya know angry fun...
Well I knew he said his chain was kinking pretty bad but didn't think nothin of it. So I proceeded to give it hell, clutching it up a few times and what not then about halfway to work running 60ish on a very crowded highway the rear locked up! Luckily I was able to man handle this beast of a bike and keep it upright, I'm almost positive due to the fact that I like to lock my bike up on purpose and know how the bike reacts. Well I ended up stoped right in the middle of both lanes and caused a accident about 10 cars back (sorry rand people but that's why you don't tailgate) since the chain was wedged inbetween the wheel and swing arm I couldn't move the bike so a truck full of guys helped me lift the rear and move it to the side. Luckily he keeps all kinds of random shit on his bike and needed tools so I got it up on the center stand and went to work. A hr later I finally got the chain back on and tightened up, so that's how my morning has gone....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351254631.673264.jpg
You can see some o the scuffing on the inside of the wheel and on the next pic you can see the damage to the front sprocket nutImageUploadedByTapatalk1351254684.013864.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351254697.577838.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351254715.796559.jpg

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Alex6

Aren't the dogs supposed to come to the owner when called? ;) I know my does...
When you chase the dog, he thinks it's a game.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Yeah Rowdy my jack Russell for the most part does listen but if he gets on a sent trail he is not listening to nothingImageUploadedByTapatalk1351281588.296546.jpg

After he killed this one it was all I could get him to do to stay so I could snap a pic and this morning his nose was on the ground ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351281913.738269.jpg

Alex6

If my dog could kill a chipmunk that would be priceless - these little f#ckers made plenty of damage to my brick sidewalk and front porch...

Yeah, I can't afford to have a German Shepherd not being properly trained - too much danger from a loose cannon. Quite a few insurance companies already refuse to sell homeowners policy to us just because of the breed, even though we never had any incidents.

Chevyfazer

I've been working with him to get the bastards, I hate em. I caught a live one and got him trained on the scent and now all I have to do is say squirrel and he gets all excited then ill open the gate and say "hunt em up" he has got about 10 or so, and his 1st one when he was only 4 months old. Of course he ate his 1st one too, well 1/2 of it before I could get it from him. He came running up with its back half hanging out of the right side of his mouth and blood and guts all over the left side. Pretty gross but also funny as hell to see a little pup looking like Kujo.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member