So on the way to work this morning...

MustGoFaster

I saw another bike coming up and threw down a peace sign. Didn't realize until I had my hand out that it was a cop. He kinda looked at me funny and waved a bit. I felt goofy so I waved back. :p

I was all like :Sport: and he was all :postcop: so I'm like :confused: but you ridez TeH motorcyclez???

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

redprodigy35

I never wave to bike cops.
I use to -- all the time, till I realized that they are all on their "CHIPS" attitude and are too cool for school to wave back.

It's like get off your high horse.... Literally.

On the other hand, non biker cops have been nothing but nice to me while on the bike.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Harrisch

haha today i was out on a ride, stopped at a light with a car that had been psuedo tailing me for almost a mile so naturally i took off a little briskly when the light changed, luckily as soon as i created space behind me (going about 45 in a 35) i let off the throttle and engine brake back to 35, and theres a cop hiding in some bushes to my left - right before my favorite section of curvy road too :( rode it at the speed limit the whole way in paranoia.... its too easy to go fast on these things

RoadTrip

I've done the low wave to a motorcycle cop, they returned it, it did feel a bit weird, but I almost do it on auto-pilot, may have felt even weirder to not do it.

DakinechicK

I don't think it's weird. They are motorcycle people just like all of us. They have a passion for them, as we do, and probably have another one they baby at home. SO, Of course you give them the motorbike wave! They aren't oblivious! If they ride motorcycles, then they know the wave and unless they are complete pricks (while working) then for sure they'll acknowledge you and give the wave back!

We all share a love for bikes and to be able to do it for work too?! I'm guessing that's probably the reason they are motorcycle cops.... so they can ride them for work as well!!

Detrich

I usually just nod at them. If they see it & acknowledge it then great. If not, then "I'm not speeding sir (until u r gone), please don't harass me!"

Hehehe

fz6rwolf

Most cops that ride are cool. For years I belonged to the Blue Knights ( LEO motorcycle club) since I'm retired military police but have since let my membership expire since I ride alone mostly and don;t care for group rides much. Good bunch of guys and ladies.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member