So, Just picked up my 2009 FZ6R.

ChefMichael

So, My names Michael. 20 years old. 6'2'' 190.
I'm from Mobile Alabama(Roll Tide)
I started out on a GSXR 750, Moved to a Ninja 250(I got it for 100 bucks) Now I'm onto my 2009 FZ6R. You'll be seeing me alot around here now. Just wondering if there's anything I need to know about the bike or any comments you guys would care to share?

CDN6R

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the club!:canada: I am sure you will like it here,,lots of great people with lots of knowledge. The 6R is a great bike but a bit tame compared to GSXR, and it is more comphy to ride.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

612raven

have had mine for a week. LOVE IT!!! except that is quite. my buddy rides next to me and cant hear mine running:( You will love it.

24KMACH

have had mine for a week. LOVE IT!!! except that is quite. my buddy rides next to me and cant hear mine running:( You will love it.
Quiet is a good thing. 1. The cops can't hear you coming or going. 2. You can hear what is happening around you. [as in brakes being applied behind you,etc.] 3.Most folks don't like loud bikes.[as in your neighbors] 4. If there is a problem with the bike, hearing it is a good thing, this could save your azz.

DragonBlu

Welcome 612 and Michael. The only tips you need is to enjoy the site,the good people here and the bike. Ride smart-Ride safe.

djf18374

There are some pretty simple things you can do to make it louder, and much deeper sounding, without much cost or changing from the stock exhaust. I did some cutting and welding and in a couple hours was very satisfied with the result. Do a search on here for some ideas or PM me for more info (if youre interested). :thumbup:

RedDeadRaven

Quiet is a good thing. 1. The cops can't hear you coming or going. 2. You can hear what is happening around you. [as in brakes being applied behind you,etc.] 3.Most folks don't like loud bikes.[as in your neighbors] 4. If there is a problem with the bike, hearing it is a good thing, this could save your azz.
:thumbdown::ban:

j/k

Detrich

welcome & congrats! :)

ChefMichael

I already have R6 headers and a TwoBrothers on the way, Along with a fender eliminator and new blinkers. Noise won't be a problem. :)

CrazyCawi

There are some pretty simple things you can do to make it louder, and much deeper sounding, without much cost or changing from the stock exhaust. I did some cutting and welding and in a couple hours was very satisfied with the result. Do a search on here for some ideas or PM me for more info (if youre interested). :thumbup:
djf ill be excited to hear yours on the 7th

NoDoze

Welcome ChefMichael! The FZ6R is a great bike - nothing really to look out for. Visit the mods forum and see what else you can do to change things up.

Ride safe!

612raven

Ill definitely wanna meet up and hear it.:D I've thought about doing the stock mod but was unsure of the sound. Didn't wanna do it and not like it.

Mguenther

Congratulations. Its a good bike and not much to watch out for. Just normal,
check the fluids and chain and enjoy the ride.

ChefMichael

Took the bike out around the neighborhood a few times just to test it out.(I'm working hard on getting tag/insurance) When people say it has plenty of low-mid range power I was like yeah whatever I rode a busa and zx-14. I accidentally picked the bike up in 1'st and 2'nd, It handles incredibly well and I'm loving the ride.

Attachments