So...I quit

oldtouring b

Think about this>>

It has been proven to ruin your health and the companies that make them are laughing at you for spending $3500 per year. Just because you are too weak to quit.

I went to a meeting last month, where the smokers would go outside. This fellow had a hole in his throat from throat cancer. You guessed it --he was part of the outside group. Damn!

When you start your family, you will not want your children exposed to the smoke. Why not get a head start. Best of luck.

FlyZ6R

If you have an Android phone...
You must be new to the forum. :D

CC often posts via his "Android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk". Sounds like a great app to help with quitting. Maybe they have it for iPhone too. Anyway, your post just made me think of CC's signature at the bottom of his posts. Android dominating? Please!:rolleyes: ;)

mjesenovec

You must be new to the forum. :D

CC often posts via his "Android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk". Sounds like a great app to help with quitting. Maybe they have it for iPhone too. Anyway, your post just made me think of CC's signature at the bottom of his posts. Android dominating? Please!:rolleyes: ;)
Haha. Yeah i've lurked for a few weeks, but just recently joined. I am not familiar with the person you speak of, but i'll keep an eye out while i'm roaming through random threads. Lol I would never say either "dominates," but it is personal preference, and i'm not a fan of apple operating systems.

FlyZ6R

First of all, welcome to the forum!

CC is Cautious Corner. He's a sef-proclaimed "post-whore", and a Mod on the forum. He started this thread in fact.

I'm with you on the "domination", it's all personal preference. I'm not an Apple fan either. :)

mjesenovec

Oh ok, thanks for filling me in! I'm looking forward to learning a much add I can about this group, and the bikes. I'm shooting for next spring to get my bike, hopefully a 6R. Finally getting a bike after waiting for 6 years is gong to be intense!

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt

M

mas4489

hey man, congrats on quitting.

I smoked for about 10 years and stopped after about 2 weeks on the patch.
Try not to think about it. I tried to keep busy.

If you are serious about quitting don't smoke, whatever you do... don't smoke.
Just one for today leads to 2 and then before you know it your back where you started.

I know you can do it. keep it up.

Fyren

Good Luck. I started smoking since 17 till 26; that was last year. I let my cigarettes pile up for a week, came home and was fucking disgusted. It only took 9 years for the realization.

I used to smoke a pack a day for the past 2 years or so and so had another disgusting habit that I kicked around the same time that is in tangent with "smoking". No more smokes, no more alcohol. I would light a cigar for that special occasion once in a blue moon.

The first few days are hard. Almost impossible. Relapse is a given and IT'S OK. I just started doing jumping jacks, push-ups, and drinking water whenever I got the urge.

So, not only are my lungs better for it, I've put on some lbs on this frail Asian body as well.

Just have to keep yourself busy!

yellowFZ6r

I have never smoked, but if anyone can give me some good advice as to how I can QUIT DRINKING id be all ears!

-uBer-

Smoking today. Its not easy. My industry, every car guy for the most part smokes. Been smoking for a couple years, Camel crush to be exact. I love the feeling of inhaling, and I love the minty mentholness....But Im to young. I am young enough to make the choice and reverse the ill effects or atleast minimalize them.

Currently using Nicorette Mints @2MG Nicotene to sooth the craving, but I still desire the repetitive act of smoking. But with the nicotene in my system, If I were to smoke I would get sick so it keeps me from grabbing a cig. So far today is going good, but its effin hard.

To the non smokers, I probably sound retarded its just hard to convey the urge/feeling/desire.

Best of luck to you!! I quit a over a year and a half ago. I picked up a electronic cig and from the moment I used it, I have yet to have a real cig. Still have the last 3 of my last pack in my car.

Some may say that I "havn't quit", but I gave up all the other 4k chemicals in a cig, and now just working on lower my nic level bit by bit. Plus I feel MUCH MUCH better, so thats what matters

Best part about is that I still have the motion of smoking, which is what I had the hardest time trying to get over in the past. Check out E-Cigarette Forum. Lots of info. My username there is "uber" if you got any questions or if your interested. Just hit me up here or there.

Still trying to figure out a hands-free helmet mod so I can use it while riding...:p....jk.....welll...maybe not

Last edited:

Detrich

smart decision Josh :) hope u can stay with it and rid yourself of that nasty habit- tho i'm guilty of enjoying a nice cigar every once in a blue moon myself...

the bottom line is that tobacco companies invest millions of dollars advertising to youth about why smoking looks & feels "so cool," when in reality they are just "death sticks." most of the guys in the car club i go to are in their early/ mid 20's. and they've all been smoking since their late teens. it's no coincidence and there's nothing complicated about it.

life is hard enough with school, work, family etc. and, on top of that we need to make time to exercise and try to stay healthy for ourselves and the people who love us.

now if i could only get rid of my bad habit of drinking soda, i would be doing much better too... sigh :(

Jay S.

Best of luck to you CC! I remember when I quit chewing after 15 years...it sucked but now, after a few years, I don't even miss it. Be strong brother. I used cinnamon sticks for the first few weeks, freaking life saver for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdh8tsu

Cool gratz, never really could get into smoking cig's but I do smoke Cigars and a pipe about once or twice a week My mom,brother and dad smoked consistanlty for like 20/30 years or better. When I was in the Navy it was really the olny way to take a break if you smoked you got a smoke break if not well suck it up and keep working heh, but for some reason I never really got "adddicted" to it.

2011FZ6R

I smoke occasionally, and I'm 17. Usually marlboro reds or marlboro light. It's a bad habit and my girlfriend doesn't particularly like it, but a pack will last me a couple weeks. I don't get addicted to things easily so I can quit at any time.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

2011FZ6R

Holy crap. I've got underwear older than you.

Quit now. Never touch them again. Your life will be so much better.
Last time I smoked was about two weeks ago. I only smoke when Im extremely stressed out. Things have been going really good lately so I haven't smoked.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member