So a commercial plane got shot down...

dcBear78

...And there is no thread or discussion on it? Seems weird such a massive thing can happen that has got the world on edge, yet there is no discussion on it. Or am I just missing the thread?

Virtually no Americans were on it so has it not received any media coverage over there?

Bert-Aus

Just goes to show that media outlets only concentrate on what they consider to be "locally important".
I dont believe it should be considered a slight against anyone from anyone.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Fizzer6R

...And there is no thread or discussion on it? Seems weird such a massive thing can happen that has got the world on edge, yet there is no discussion on it. Or am I just missing the thread?

Virtually no Americans were on it so has it not received any media coverage over there?
you're kidding right?! it was on all day for hours when it happened, and it will be the main news topic here for a while - prob. until the next major incident

regardless of what countries involved, it's a crappy situation no matter who you are :mad:

RoadTrip

The incident is completely sickening, innocent travelers meeting death in such an undeserved end. Let's hope their lives are not simply wasted and this incident leads to Peace, not more war and destruction.

Sage

I work for an NBC affiliate and woke up to my phone going nuts with alerts about the incident and there was network coverage most of thursday I think. CNN will most likely cover it until we go to war with russia or something since they covered MH370 for months...
For the most part, it seems like NBC News is at least trying to keep with facts that are being gathered first hand instead of speculating, which is slow due to the rebels in that area hindering an investigation into the flight (which honestly, rebels probably shot down). At least earlier when I was at work, there was only one American citizen confirmed on the flight that was also Dutch.

It's a horrible situation all around that so many people lost their lives for absolutely no reason in an instant just because their flight going through a zone, that in all honesty should have been avoided due to the deteriorating conditions in the area.

xezty

Terrible indeed. I've only been to jet aircraft crashes and I can't imagine a wreckage involving almost 300 people and a 777. Until there is either have an investigation team to complete their work or someone fully fesses up to shooting it down, we won't know what happened, but the latter does seem more applicable here considering the location of the crash.

Fizzer6R

co-pilot Captain Eugene Choo Jin Leong

latony007

Problem is too much coverage, the news is only about bad s*** and tragedy. its disgusting i can't even watch or listen to any news anymore. They spend zero time telling you anything useful and an hour on who was raped or killed and then to try and make sure you dont go out and kill yourself from depression they put 5 minutes of sports and weather at the end . But to the main topic this is such a horrible waste and for nothing. Did they really think a 777 squaking its ident was a military aircraft?? Not to mention i am convinved thats what happed to the last Malasian airlines plane that dissapeared.