Slip-on Mod

MightyRoach51

Just trying to get some input. Ordered my Hotbodies Megaphone exhaust to day hopefully will be in by the end of the week. Anyways whats some thoughts good bad and the ugly. I might also note that i will be adding PCV very soon. And if there is any interest i will post pics about my fab.

Thanks, New Guy:D

MightyRoach51

i know its not an acctual "slipon" for our bikes but it seems like just a little bit of fab work. And being an ironworker its what i love to do.

Y

yellowfz

Most definitely post up pics of the fab. :)
Its like a badge of honor when you mod your ride yourself. :)
Being a Ironworker you will see that it is not that hard to mod the exhaust to accommodate anything you want on there.
Look at my sig link, one is a exhaust I made out of 3 1/2" Exhaust tubing, 1 1/2 tubing and some plate, nothing to it.
Some guys on here think taking a header off and slapping another one on is a hard mod, NOT, making it your own is what it is all about.
Again I have said this many times, grind off the weld on the stock can get a 3 1/2" to 2" reducer and a short length of 2" pipe weld them on and you got a modded exhaust ready for any slip on. The 4-2-1 of stock has good flow.
You'll see how easy it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it'll sounds like this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E6ljLSOkbY]Vuvuzela 10 hours - YouTube[/ame]

It looks like someone beat you to it though, and I thought Harley riders had a bad reputation when it came being loud...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzKqXbp-dGw]Ducati 1198S Vuvuzela sound moedigt het Nederlands Elftal aan (2010) - Oliepeil.nl - YouTube[/ame]

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

VRIIClubby

That'll probably be pretty loud, but you could always add a silencer of some sort.
a tree branch? small kitty cat? an infants arm? :D

Rawknrohl

Buy any can you like (preferably a short one) and chop the box off your exhaust and weld new can on... Sooooo much better than that hotbodies megaphone imho, that would also make your PC more useful since it would remove a lot of restriction. Good luck!