Skyline trip 19th Sep

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I can only do the one day trip (Sat). Melissa has to work Sunday so we would need to be back Sat evening. I still need to find a sitter for Sadie too... I'll get to work on that.

We can meet at Stephens City Sheetz right by my house, or pick a gas station in Front Royal near the Skyline Entrance.

JSP

Super Moderator
You other guys still down? This Saturday is coming up quick. Need to hash out the details and get this rolling.

Verranth

I am down and so is the gf. We are not sure which kind of trip we want yet. Like Dart, we'll probably decide with our seat....

Depending on how the old tuckus is feeling, we'll either man up and do a quick ride back up, or pamper our saddles to some lodging near by.

Is that ok with you JSP? I know your ride is limited to a 1 day trip.

JSP

Super Moderator
Oh yea, its all good with me what you all decide to do. I have no problem at all riding back by myself. :thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator

Verranth

I know its only Tuesday, but if this trip is going to fall through, or actually be on, it would be nice to know...

My brother is coming up this weekend to practice riding. He just got his "m" class this past weekend! :thumbup:

I may be doing the 1 day trip thing too. I really want to see what he can do :)

It's a shame he isnt feeling up to just renting a small 250 and riding along. It would be an awesome time if he was able to join us.

JSP

Super Moderator
Well the trip is definitely on! Dart and I said, even if everyone else doesnt come, we are still going. Hell, I'll do it myself if I have to. :D

I've actually been planning and wanting to do this trip really bad for the last 2 years, ever since I got my Rebel. Just never got around to really planning it out and going through with it. So now its in motion, ain't no stopping me now! :cool:

Just trying to get the time and location to meet set...

There will be plenty of pics for you all to see who don't go!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

Verranth

JSP

Super Moderator
Do we want to put this out for the FZ6 crowd also or just keep it here? I know if there is too many of us they will charge us a special event or some crap like that which is $200 something

Verranth

Do we want to put this out for the FZ6 crowd also or just keep it here? I know if there is too many of us they will charge us a special event or some crap like that which is $200 something
Doesnt look like we'll be having too many takers here, so opening it up wouldnt be bad.

We can also break up the group if we get a "huge" turnout. I doubt we'll haev more than 8 bikes on such short notice.

JSP

Super Moderator
Sounds good. I'll post a thread over there and see if anyone is interested. Time and place is set for the 7-11 gas station at 9am Saturday in Front Royal right by the Skyline drive.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
See ya'll in the morning!!!

And my neighbor said you dont have to pay to drive the road, just if you want to enter the actual park...? So im not sure, I would still bring some money just in case.

Its a hell of a road apparently!