SICKHID.COM will never get my business after this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCawi

Guys this is rather lengthy but I can assure you if you plan to do business with them, I would read this through first.....

So here is the original email I sent in:

I have a 2008 zx6r and inquiring about angel eyes or demon eyes. What is the pricing for these in blue? Also I noticed your website is a bit dated, would you consider trade for a website overhaul?
the response I got back was this:

Hi Josh. Thanks for your inquiry.

Basically, Sick HIDs retro-fits/builds "custom one-of-a-kind" lights per order (to customer preferences). I use only REAL, High Quality, High Performance Bi-Xenon (Hi/Lo) Projectors & 55 Watt HIDs with all my builds. I have MANY options (and colors) available (too many to list), to build a set of unique lights (to your taste). Though the 07+ ZXs come equipped with projectors from the factory, they are low quality "single" beam only (not convertible)..... and for this retro-fit will include complete "gutting" of OEM (single beam) projectors & fitment of Brand New "Bi-Xenon" Projectors. All my retro-fits/custom builds also include 100% "plug & play" install, lifetime manufacturer's warranty on all HID & Projector components & live technical assistance (e-mail or phone). I can send a detailed PayPal invoice for your order anytime you are ready. Some of my base retro-fit prices are in the "store" on my site (however, not all options are in store yet, but many can be seen in photo albums). Here are just "some" general retro-fit details & popular options........

You will have to send me your "OEM" (good/fair condition) headlights (California), to retro-fit (headlights & bulb dust covers).
(I will send shipping info once payment is received)

> The 07-12 ZX6R / 06-10 ZX10R 55 Watt SLIM HID / Bi-Xenon Projector Retro-Fit is $550/pair
Includes: 2 - MX-H1R High Performance 2.5" Bi-Xenon (Hi/Lo) Projectors (installed)
(2-Lo Beams & 2-Hi Beams)
2 - 55 Watt Quartz HID Bulbs - 3500hrs life expectancy (3 times Halogen life)
Any color temp = 3000k, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k, 10000k, 12000k (installed)
2 - 55 Watt ApexCone Digital SLIM HID Ballasts (40% BRIGHTER than 35w HID & 5 TIMES Halogen output)
1 -Pre-wired Lo Beam switch with "pilot light" to operate Lo Beams manually
(stock Hi Beam switch on handle bar will operate Hi Beams)
1 - 100% "PLUG & PLAY" (separately fused) relay harness with labeled connections & install tips
*** All HID & Projector components include a "lifetime manufacturer's warranty"
*** All labor (assembly, wiring, etc) includes a one year warranty!

> CCFL Angel Eyes option = $80/pair
(available in white, blue, red, green)

> Ultra Slim / Super Bright Audi Style SMT LEDs option = $80/pair
(available in Super White ONLY > 6000k-8000k - other colors available by special order > ADD $25/pair)
(.5mm SMT LEDs, 3/4" Spacing, Strip is approx 1mm x 5mm)

> SMT LED Halos option = $80/pair
(printed circuit board halo/disc with multiple forward firing SMT LEDs)

> Devil Eyes option = is (projectors can be lit "in color of choice" when HIDs are "off") = $80/pair extra
(colors available = red, blue, green, amber) (includes auto on/off modules)

> HP LED Marker Lights option = $50/pair
(High Power / Wide Angle 194 SMT LEDs > available in Super White 5000k/6000k, red, blue, green, amber)

> Pre-wired switches option (to override Angel Eyes, LEDs, other mods, etc) will be $30 extra per/switch.
*Otherwise, extra mods (CCFLs, LEDs, etc) will be "on" (as DRLs) with ignition (pre-wired).

> Shipping is $30

*** Payments must be made with PayPal, ONLY.

I can send a detailed PayPal invoice for your order anytime you're ready to get started. Shipping instructions will be forwarded once payment is received. Current "estimated" turn around time is at least 8-12 weeks (depending on mods/options).Keep in mind that this is a 100% Custom Specialty Service & difficulty as well as completion times vary per order/application. Expected turn-around is subject to change at any given time (before and/or during the process of your order). Please take a moment to review our policies/warranties posted on the website. You'll receive "final" pics/video of them when complete & notification of shipping with tracking. Btw, I can build "custom" by request, however you want (prices vary). Please feel free to contact me directly anytime with any questions, to discuss specifics, or to place a custom order. Business hours are 8am-6pm (PST). I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a great day!

This is all fine and dandy, but I didnt want retro-fit. I wanted to know specifically what it cost if I sent in my headlights to have him professionally install the angel/demon eyes.

So I respond back and state

You do realize the zx6r already does have projector headlamps right?
I understand he said in the initial email response back to me that the headlamps are "they are low quality "single" beam only" in his words. Which whether they are or not is beside the case. I dont want to upgrade them, I want angel/demon eye halos.

He then proceeds to respond with:

Did you even read my email?....-www.sickhids.com
Brian Tremblay 530-205-9163
Like Sick HIDs Page on Facebook Today!
Then my response was:

Great customer service that's a good way to speak to someone who could looking to spend $750+ through you.....very professional.

Now note, I am only looking for halo's for my bike, but my fiance' is kicking back and fourth about retro-fitting her ex250r.

He then has the audacity to say
"I responded immediately & was very informative (you should read what I wrote you).Funny that you question the bases of which I specialize without reading the general info I provided (your question was a bit "insulting"). If you prefer to more forward with an attitude, I am not interested. However, if you wish to continue (with reasonable communication), I am happy to do so & look forward to your business. Please advise."
My response:

All I asked you for we're angel eyes....not hid or retrofit.....you don't read MY request.

his response:
"I don't "just" install angel eyes, I retro-fit/build custom HID/Bi-Xenon Projector headlights. So, I guess you spending anything was just for the sake of argument (not cool). Sorry I can't help you."

My response:
No I'm not arguing you simply stated I was insulting by asking if you realized they were projector headlights was in retrospec that you sent me all this info about retrofits which I never even inquired about. That's great that's your specialty but as a professional myself, and business owner, I take into account when a customer asks me for something I address their wants, not try to sell my specialty which they didn't inquire about. All you had to do is say " I only retrofit because fiscally it doesn't make business sense to only offer angel/demon eyes at a competitive price." I would have moved on to your competition who does do it. But instead you chose to question my integrity with your own ignorance by asking me if I actually read your response. Yes I did, and you never addressed my request, hence why I asked you if you understood the zx6r was already a projector headlamp? I didn't care if you think it's low grade and want to upgrade it, that's not what I asked for. But go ahead, question my integrity again before reading your prior responses to my initial inquiry. Ill have to let the person who referred me that your intellectual sales skills, and customer service are certainly not up to standard and he should refrain from referring people. I can tell your young and you may be good at what you do, but learn to run a business. Customer service goes a long ways.

and his response:

You are only confirming that you have no idea what you,re talking about & how young "you" are (this email requires no response or any more proof of ignorance). Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Way to be customer service oriented, I don't understand how someone like that runs a business and plans to be successful.

/rant. :rant

Bert-Aus

Let me guess -SICKHID business runs from someones mum's kitchen work bench.

Why? cos there sick

Rawknrohl

He's using a blackberry on sprint. Enough said. :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member
Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Honestly, I so sort of relate, though he was a jerk.

I get requests like this all the time. "Can you do <some minor item> for me? I really like the way it looked on <some other customer's stuff>."

I do usually respond a he did, with my standard products and price list, basically to say "this is what I do." It's a pretty form letter I send to everybody, because it does tend to discourage a lot of people who are looking for something else.

But often I get the "no, I don't want the whole package, just a couple of the options, can I just get those?" to which my response is usually a very polite but definitive:

"I appreciate that you liked <the item> that you saw. It was done as part of a multi-thousand dollar project. Given my current commitments and projects, I can't make the time to do minor items except as part of larger projects, so I can't take on your request at this time."

This guy makes it clear that he's a one-man shop, probably working out of home, and I'd guess that he's busy enough that he doesn't want to be bothered with the small $80 jobs any more than I do. Not a justification for being an asshole, but have to tell you that I get dozens of such requests all the time and it really does get annoying.

Anybody who starts out the discussion by suggesting a trade or barter is just deleted, with a simple response that I am not able to take on their business at this time. That's a huge red flag suggesting that it won't be worth my time. Not that I have never done this, but that's an item to discuss well down the road, and usually only with established clients where there's lots of money on the table.

It's part of the reason I'm trying to avoid dealing with consumers or even with most small businesses.
well I own a web design and marketing business.....his site is horrid...go take a look at it. Otherwise I would have never bothered the suggestion.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

raven6

Last edited:

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

You are the owner of scokcreative.com..??? The company that made the website Schok Creative - Websites, Email Marketing, Print, Graphic Identity & Logos

This company http://www.schokcreative.com/whatwedo/...??? a company based in Detroit and Atlanta..??? A company that has been in business for the past 12 years..??? Schok Creative | LinkedIn
Nope Im not them, I am emulating a site like it for somerset sales and leasing, I said an example. Suburban isnt my work, but nice try :thumbup:

The few websites I have done, the companies dont exist anymore. One was legran homes, a luxury home company held by denny hecker. Take a look at his wrap sheet and youll know it wasnt my failure to design websites that caused him to go out of business. Another was xpertbldrs.com which is out of existence. Id be happy to show my graphics workings but right now I dont have any sites live. When I have the website live Im working on as we speak, Id be more than happy to show ya :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

Hey CC... I'm kind of curious about your opinion of the Kawa's OE headlights??

Are you dissatisfied with the amount of light?? How the light is diffused?? Or the general appearance of the front lighting fairing??
I felt they were more focused than my fz6r, but I dont have as nice of HID's in this bike, so the output and clean white color was much better on the fz6r.

raven6

Nope Im not them, I am emulating a site like it for somerset sales and leasing, I said an example. Suburban isnt my work, but nice try :thumbup:

The few websites I have done, the companies dont exist anymore. One was legran homes, a luxury home company held by denny hecker. Take a look at his wrap sheet and youll know it wasnt my failure to design websites that caused him to go out of business. Another was xpertbldrs.com which is out of existence. Id be happy to show my graphics workings but right now I dont have any sites live. When I have the website live Im working on as we speak, Id be more than happy to show ya :thumbup:

With all due respect, everyone and his/her brother thinks they can do web design and marketing. Most of you are full of shit. You think his site is horrid. What sites have you done?
So based on your post, the post by Milton is accurate.. :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

So based on your post, the post by Milton is accurate.. :thumbup:
Ill show my work when its finished ;) I have all the files for the other sites but I dont have any live.....

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

efforex

Yes, it looks nice. Though I am bothered by the unsecure login and apparently isn't CC's anyway :( So no apology. I've not seen anything he designed.
Not sure why this is becoming other peoples issue. I would not think his point was to show how well he can/or can not make a web page. The point was to show you his experience of this company. Just seems like trash talk that is unwanted or needed on this forum.

:Lurking:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Status
Not open for further replies.