Shogun frame sliders--how much cutting?

toastmaster

Hi all, I just bought my FZ6R (in blue) and absolutely love it! I plan on keeping it for a while, so I'm looking to install frame sliders ASAP. It seems most people have the Intuitive Racing No-Cut sliders, which look nice, but are almost 3x more expensive than the Shogun ones. I couldn't find any threads on the Shoguns, so apologies if there is already one.

For those that have/had the Shogun frame sliders, how much cutting is exactly required? Is it cutting out a little notch to accomodate the slider, or opening up a new hole just for the sliders? How long was the installation process, and any regrets with getting this kit?

Thanks!
-Roger

cbzdel

are you sure they even exist? i dont think i have seen a single thing about them.. they may just be listed under the wrong section on the website..

Bigevildoer

I would suggest the T-Rex no-cut frame sliders for the R6.
I've been working with the company giving feedback on the install, what I needed to do etc to get them to fit properly. When I first installed them, the right side was a breeze - the left side gave me difficulties. The offset tab "riser" simply is too high, so when you put the bolt through, the bolt head really pushes the fairing out. I ended up cutting an area on the fairing that's about the size of a penny, but an oblong shape and not round. Tony (T-Rex rep) told me he wished I hadn't cut the fairing and told me about the problem instead. He sent me out another tab with a near-flat riser (in the mail at the moment) and a shorter bolt. This should now fit perfectly - I promised him final photos of the install (I'll have to photoshop the fairing back into perfect condition - no big deal), and he refunded my purchase completely, minus shipping. Why? 'cause I'm basically doing the R&D for anyone else with an FZ6R.

So, if you wait a few weeks, T-Rex will have it up on their website.

Have fun!

toastmaster

Bigevildoer--thanks for the info, glad to hear the T-Rex will be making them just for our bike. I guess I'll wait a few weeks then :)

arcflash316

I have an extra pair of the Shogun frame sliders for the FZ6R, I purchased what I thought was 1 pair and ended up with 2. Cutting was minimal and not too hard to do, but I suggest taping off the area around it to eliminate possible scratches. I want to sell the extra pair I got so if anyone is interested I will ship wherever... get em now before I gotta put them on ebay
I only want $65 plus shipping which is what I paid ..... I am not trying to make any money just wanna get rid of them

gearhead

FZ6R no cut frame sliders by T-Rex

Today, I purchased the no-cut frame sliders from T-Rex (Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks) for only $39.00!!! (as recommended by Bigevildoer...thanks!) The sliders for the FZ6R are not listed on their site, but I sent an inquiry and they sent me pricing and pics of them on a blue FZ6R. They have great customer service and I expect they will arrive this week. I'll post pics and comments as soon as I have them mounted on mine (it's black).

Attachments

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

Bigevildoer

Today, I purchased the no-cut frame sliders from T-Rex (Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks) for only $39.00!!! (as recommended by Bigevildoer...thanks!) The sliders for the FZ6R are not listed on their site, but I sent an inquiry and they sent me pricing and pics of them on a blue FZ6R. They have great customer service and I expect they will arrive this week. I'll post pics and comments as soon as I have them mounted on mine (it's black).
Those pics are my bike....
They sent me various pieces and ended up refunding my money due to the "R & D" I did for them... great guys!

Later!

gearhead

T-Rex frame sliders installed with pics

I received the T-Rex no-cut frame sliders today and found they are an excellent product and well-made. These look fantastic and the installation took less than 10 minutes to complete both sides. For $39 that included shipping, this was a fair price for a high quality product. I hope this helps to save you all a few bucks for some cheap insurance to save your fairings. Avoid the pricey rip-offs from the $119 models (example: Intuitive) that are currently sold. Why are those so damn expensive? Do they come with a force-field or crash-rated protective fairing fairies???

Thanks again to Bigevildoer for the T-Rex tip!

Attachments

pyrocpu

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead... :(

Are we sure that there aren't TWO types of Shogun sliders--one version requires cutting, and another that doesn't? My dealer said it indicated in his book that the ones I have on order don't require cutting. FWIW, it was ~$65 after an arbitrary discount.

I found these that seem to require cutting: SHOGUN YAMAHA FZ6R 2009 BLACK FRAME SLIDERS

And these, costing considerably more, that don't require cutting: Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders for FZ6R 09-10 - Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Solo Moto Parts

I know everyone here uses either the Intuitive sliders (early buyers), or the T-Rex sliders (when those became available)... Surely someone else has the Shogun no-cut sliders? I can't possibly become the Lone Ranger on this!!

wallerjt217

I don't know how old this post is but I recently purchased some frame sliders from a place off the internet called fatbikez.com actually has some good deals on frame sliders. I bought mine through a package deal!! flush mounts, frame sliders, and fender eliminator kit. I did not have to cut a thing and they send you a paper to show how you install them!! They look great on the bike and I feel safer now knowing if I dump my bike my expensive parts will be safe!!

gearhead

How much did the whole kit cost?

YamahaChick

I know everyone here uses either the Intuitive sliders (early buyers), or the T-Rex sliders (when those became available)... Surely someone else has the Shogun no-cut sliders? I can't possibly become the Lone Ranger on this!!
You're not the only one...I got the Shogun no-cut frame sliders too but have yet to install them...I don't have the proper tools to do it so a friend is going to put them on for me...

MikeN02

You're not the only one...I got the Shogun no-cut frame sliders too but have yet to install them...I don't have the proper tools to do it so a friend is going to put them on for me...
Good friend you have. Also, you should have a few basic tools around the house in the near future if your friend is unavailable. If you follow my Guide to put on no-cuts, all you really need is a hex key and a socket wrench.

Newmason

Well I just ordered the Shogun no cuts from solomoto, should be here by the end of the week I hope. Hopefully they work like they are suppose to but rather not find out!

pyrocpu

True, for an XJ6 w/o fairings, save the $ and get the regular variety. Those seem more robust anyhow!

Newmason

The shogun no cut sliders should be here by the end of the week I am hoping. From the looks of it, the shoguns use an offset that simply moves the puck away from the fender, so really it seems like these ones wont be as strong as the other no cut ones as they dont directly mount up to the motor mount bolt. They are just simply moved out of the way a bit using the offset peice of metal that the bolt mounts to. Should be interesting in how they hold up and if the offset bends in a lowsided crash from the impact.

cavcuz05

so really it seems like these ones wont be as strong as the other no cut ones as they dont directly mount up to the motor mount bolt. They are just simply moved out of the way a bit using the offset peice of metal that the bolt mounts to. Should be interesting in how they hold up and if the offset bends in a lowsided crash from the impact.
this is true...i bought mine from the dealer and i know if i where to drop my fairings and handle bar ends will be safe:thumbup: